Chapter 5: Unknown

Outside, in the cold winter streets of London, a man stood almost in the shadows over the opposite side of the road, just simply watching the traffic, watching the people walk by and surveying the block of flats.

        He pulled up the collar on his brown puffer jacket to shape better around his neck as the winter wind rustled the remainder of the leaves down the road. He had been standing there for at least two hours, like he did most mornings, just watching... just plotting.

        The man was angry, but kept his calm, just waiting for the right moment and the right plan, but he'd never found that right moment until he saw the oddest female approach the place, not many people ever visited the Consulting Detective nowadays. She seemed to have this unusual effect on him. At first, he looked stunned and surprised to see her and then he changed to the usual look, but this girl must have been different from the others, with the way she looked at him and touched his arm ever so softly. The effect she seemed to have on him was a great disadvantage.

        Now, over an hour later, she was still there, and whenever the grand Consulting Detective of London Sherlock Holmes had visitors, they were never there for more than ten minutes, so this girl was certainly somebody to the man, hmm.

        Then, the front door opened just as the winter-y weather turned the sky dull and the same woman exited. She looked upset, as if she was ready to cry. She slammed the door behind her as she left and looked both ways down the road, as if looking for someone, then simply crossed her arms and began to walk away and down the way, wiping her nose as she went.

        Sighing, Sherlock Holmes heard the front door slam awfully loudly as you'd left. Perhaps he was a little harsh? Nah, probably not, it had been years since you'd last spoke and you seemed to have dealt with that fine.

        He retreated back to his chair and closed his eyes, indulging himself in the precious, oh so rare, silence he now had in the flat. But that didn't last long as the sound of John returning from the shops had distracted his attention.

        Stumbling through the door with a small bag, Watson took off his coat and frowned at the sight of only his best friend in the room, "Oh, did (Your Name) leave?" he asked, placing his coat back from where he had picked it up before leaving.

        "Yes, had to go..." he lied, crossing his legs and sitting comfortably as he watched Watson take the produce in the kitchen and begin to put it away.

        "Shame," he spoke, "She seemed pretty nice." John continued, putting away the milk in the fridge, "I'm actually surprised you've never mentioned her." He chuckled.

        Rolling his eyes as he exhaled heavily, Sherlock averted them to the side and tried to focus on something else, or change topic at least. But his mind somehow wandered back to your pleading cry, stalkers, ha, like you didn't have those back when you were a teenage wreck, when all you wanted to do was be normal, like everyone else, not like Sherlock, not weird and odd. Why did you even befriend him in the first place? Probably because he was smart, what an idiot he was.

        Letting out a small held in breath, you sniffled and stopped at the edge of the road, waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. Perhaps you'd have to deal with this problem by yourself, or go to the police and put a restraining order on the fellow that had seemed to become a slight bit attached and obsessed with you, although, he was a nice guy. He was always kind and had a wide smile on his face... but the fact that he practically followed you around was creepy, or maybe you were just paranoid and thought that's what he did? Oh now you had yourself questioning your own judgement.

        Walking across the road and down the next street your mind continued to drown you in questionable theories and thoughts, God only knows why you thought you could confide in Sherlock Holmes, he hadn't changed a bit since the day he told you to never speak to him again.

        The man that had been waiting outside 221 Baker Street slowly followed behind, curious and watching where you went. She, you, would be prefect for his vengeful plan, all he now needed to do was gain the courage to follow through with it.