09

About ten minutes ago, the first period had ended and now it was the intermission of analysts commenting about several players on both teams.

After Dalia's first goal, the Islanders began to trail down as the Penguins outscored them, leading by three more goals. It was awful, it was like they had let their fans down.

It also seemed like the team gave up for a while after trying their best and constantly working hard off and on for a whole ten minutes.

Nothing happened ever since.

Now, the Islanders sat on the bench, a huge deafening silence taking over the entire changing room with their Coach shouting at them for nearly two minutes straight.

Dalia sat between Anthony and Anders, listening to everything Coach was lecturing them.

Even then, he was right. The team was all falling apart and giving up already within ten minutes, it wasn't a good look. For them and the rest of the fans.

Dalia had convinced herself that she'd make a new plan for the periods left. She promised herself that she'll do better and especially, help out the boys and achieve that first win of the new season.

After a long discussion of the lecture, Coach let out an exhale and abruptly exited the changing room with a look of disbelief and disappointment.

All he wanted for his players was to remind them that they needed to step it up once and for all. Whatever they needed to know is it's important for the game, a win is all they could possibly ask for.

Dalia sighed, "Coach is right." Everyone turned their heads to her and listened. "We need to get better and be serious about this game. It matters the most, this isn't something you play for fun. We're not here to lose in our building, we're here to win."

"To fucking win!" Anders shouted, grinning proudly and Dalia watched as the boys erupted the room, making loud cheers, a small smile making its way to her lips.

With proud looks on their faces, the boys stood up from the bench and placed back their gear and equipment, with more confidence than they've ever had all day long.

It made Dalia happier. It made her happy that she was able to help out with them, just what she wanted. They were getting braver by the second.

Anthony playfully bumped his arm into Dalia's, catching her attention. She looked at him and noticed the sweet smile on his face.

"You'd make a great Coach, Lia." He commented, making her grin softly.

That was possibly the best compliment ever. "Thanks, Tito."

However, from the corner of Dalia's eyes, she noticed Mat rolling his eyes as he listened to the two discussing with each other.

Dalia watched as he shrugged it off and exited the room, avoiding the girl's eyes burning through the back of his head. He left without saying anything. He was awfully quiet during this entire speech.

She frowned briefly and shrugged, not even bothering to deal with his stupid, silly tantrums.

Just in time, Coach slapped his hands repeatedly as the players wore into their jerseys. "Time to go, people. Let's go!" They later exited the room, much happier than ever. "Badawi, can I talk to you?"

After it was just him and Dalia alone in the changing room, the idea of having bad news made her freak out even when he hadn't said a word yet at all.

"Sure, what is it?" She said, trying not to let the horrible thoughts affect her. Although she hoped it was good, something that could help her in a way.

"I have found out that Lou is considering changing the captaincy."

Her heart suddenly stopped. His words repeated slowly, in her mind replayed. There was no way.

What about Anders? How hasn't Dalia's agent informed her by any chance?

"What?" She replied, in disbelief.

Coach slightly chuckled, "He might change it for you, dear."

"No, no. I'm not here to find out that he's doing that just for me, Coach. No offence, but Anders is a great captain. I can't see any other player doing his role like he does. I wouldn't know why Lou wants to change that." Dalia frowned, shaking her head.

She couldn't believe it. She was just here for a few months now, playing her first game yet and Lou wants to change the captaincy, already?

Her mind was blown.

"You're an excellent player, Badawi. We can all agree that you have a bright future ahead of you, and it's only getting started. You could possibly be one of the greatest players we have ever seen in a long time." Coach stated.

Dalia exhaled a huge amount of stress built on her shoulders. He didn't quite answer her question in the way she wanted to. She already wanted to run out of the building.

"Just think about it, eh?" He patted her shoulder and abruptly exited the room, leaving the girl with the unnecessary questions she thought of.

Throwing back her head and closing her eyes in an attempt to relieve herself slowly. She tried to close her mind so she could think without any bother peacefully.

She could already know that she was the first to know and it was awful to even find out that the team's manager was stripping down Anders' captaincy in his three years.

His possible reaction would be the worst of all. The look on his face could destroy Dalia's happiness for him.

Yet, her plan was to play and have her own moment in the sport she loved dearly as a child. Not stealing the captaincy title from anyone in her team, especially from one of her teammates she called her 'friends'.

"Ya Allah, please help me." She mumbled and placed her helmet back on.

Leaving the room was so much harder than she thought. With all that tension she had, she had no idea how she could even function playing hockey with thousands of people in the crowd watching her on her debut night.

She quickly joined with the boys and prayed under her breath, before stepping on the clean ice and putting her mouth guard.

As much as she hated the tightness around her mouth, she wouldn't risk losing one of her teeth.

Dalia made some loops around the rink, noticing Mat's looks given to her. She ignored him and positioned herself beside the referee with the puck in his hand.

With Mat's stupid tantrums, she thought to just avoid him since it wasn't helping anything with her stress at all.