Chapter 16. 1796 

By the beginning of May, Camille found herself pregnant. She had discovered she had missed her courses towards the end of March, when she and James had returned to court. She was two months along, and was due in October. She was ecstatic to become a mother.
When he was told the news, James was thrilled. The prospect of becoming a father for the first time made his heart fly with excitement. It didn't matter to him what the gender of the baby was, as long as both Camille and the baby were healthy.
Genevieve had given birth to a boy. She and Richard were ecstatic to have a son, and the next king of England. They decided to name him Charles Alexander, Charles after Genevieve's father and Alexander after Richard's father.
Rebecca had given birth to a girl she named Margaret back in March. Unfortunately for her, Richard didn't acknowledge the child as his own. In the end, she and her daughter were banished from court and sent to Scotland.
One evening towards the middle of May, James and Camille were snuggled up together on the chaise in the library of Remington Hall, basking in the glow of one another's warmth after making love by the fireplace. Their bodies were wrapped in a blanket. The evening was clear and perfect.
Camille smiled at James. "I can't believe we are going to be having our first baby very soon."
James smiled back, kissing her sweetly. "I am very excited for that as well my love. I can't wait to become a father and hold our baby."
Camille. "I can't wait for that either. I am hoping to give you a boy first."
James caressed her cheek. "Darling, it doesn't matter to me what the gender of the baby is as long as the two of you are healthy."
Camille smiled back, kissing his cheek. "I am very grateful that you feel that way."
They exchanged a sweet kiss before becoming lost in one another's arms once again. When they finished, they fixed themselves up and made their way to their bedroom. They couldn't wait to meet their baby, knowing that their child was going to have nothing but love and happiness.
***
On a chilly but clear morning towards the middle of October, Camille opened her eyes to excruciating pain. She knew what was happening. Her baby was making their appearance. Moving into a sitting position, she turned and gave James a gentle shake. "My love, my love wake up."
James opened his eyes, and taking one look at his wife, knew what was happening. Rising quickly from bed, he threw on some clothes and rushed outside to get help. He returned three minutes later with several midwives.
Camille smiled, knowing that she was in good hands. With James by her side, she wasn't afraid. She knew that whatever came her way, they would face everything together.
James took her hand, squeezing it gently. "Are you ready to meet our baby?"
Camille smiled, squeezing back. "Yes, are you?"
James kissed her. "I've never been more ready than I am now."
They exchanged a tender kiss before Camille was plunged into severe pain. They knew that, within a few short hours, they would be welcoming their baby into the world. And they couldn't wait for that moment to arrive.
***
James. "You did exceptional my love, he's perfect."
Camille smiled. "So is she my darling."
James. "They are both beautiful."
The Duke and Duchess of York couldn't believe that they were staring down at a pair of twins, one boy and one girl. They felt double the blessing.
James. "What should we name them?"
Camille. "How about... Arthur Frederick, Arthur after your father and Frederick after my father?"
James smiled brightly. "That's perfect. And for our daughter... Olivia Marie, Olivia after my mother and Maria after your mother."
Camille smiled brilliantly. "That's beautiful my love."
Exchanging a sweet kiss, they smiled down at Arthur and Olivia, their hearts overflowing with love. At last, they were a family.