Amaranta

Since we were already in warp it takes little for Scott to get us to arp factor 4 and little on our part to alter the course of the ship will barely miss Titan. The real challenge is given to Sulu and Chekov, who have to stop the ship within the range of a few hundred miles, normally this wouldn't be an issue for an experienced pilot, but given that we are traveling at warp, it makes it almost impossible. As we prepare to stop, Sulu begins to prepare himself and everyone else, "all stop in three, two, one." We exit warp and enter a yellow and gold haze, no doubt being because he stopped within the dust that surrounds Titan. Now the task of keeping us here begins, "give me one-quarter impulse burst for five seconds. I'll do the rest with thrusters. On my mark."

"Aye," Cheko responds.

"Fire."

The ship slowly raises and we can see the rings of Saturn and she shine of the sun. As soon as the ship is still I run down to the transport room, I get there in time to hear Kirk talking to Scott, "unbelievably, sir, the ship is in position."

As I walk in Kirk turns to me, "whatever happens, Ms. Spade, if you think you have the tactical advantage, you fire on that ship, even if we're still onboard. That's an order."

"Yes sir."

"Otherwise we will contact the Enterprise when we're ready to be beamed back."

Kirk then presses the com and begins giving the same order to Mr. Sulu, as he does, I walk onto the pad and hug Spock tightly, "I will be okay, my love." I place my hands on his cheeks and kiss him, when we break apart he takes a deep breath, "I will be back."

I nod, "you better be. I'll be monitoring your frequencies."

"Thank you, Amaranta."

I kiss him again and clench my jaw before looking over to Kirk who looks very uncomfortable. Not only because of the PDA, I'm sure, but because it is from two Vulcans. As I leave the pad I hear Kirk, "so her first name is Amaranta?"

Spock is quick to respond, "I have no comment on the matter."

"Okey-dokey, then," Scott has now finished his set up and is ready to beam the boys down, "if there's any common sense in the design of the enemy ship, I should be putting you somewhere in the Cargo Bay. Shouldn't be a soul in sight."

"Mr. Scott," I clear my throat a bit.

"Yes, ma'am?" Scott looks up toward me.

"You just beamed the love of my life onto an enemy ship, they better in the cargo bay." Once Kirk and Spock are beamed aboard the ship we can do little but wait. When I get to the bridge the others are watching as the Romulans lower the drill into the Earth's atmosphere. "They have activated the drill," Chekov confirms.

I take a deep breath, "communication and transport are inoperative. Sulu, please tell me you have them. Otherwise, we won't be able to beam them back."

Sulu hits his panel, "Kirk and Spock are on their own now." I don't know why I expected another response. I know what happens when the drill is activated.