beeding heart

Ryd's men tried to wriggle out of the iron grip of Fives and Coric but they had no chance. 
"Take them to the others in the storeroom. We'll be right behind you", I ordered my men.
"So Rex was in on it too?", asked Anakin with disdain in his voice looking at Fives. Not knowing the boys and probably not being able to tell them apart he mistook Fives for my commander. 
I took one deep breath to brace myself for the conversation ahead but Fives answered instead.
"Oh, I'm not Rex. I'm Fives and that's Coric right there", the ARC soldier explained pointing his thumb at my captain.
Confused, Anakin tilted his head and his skeptical gaze darted over to me.
Surrendered, I sighed and turned to Coric. "Captain..." he understood without my needing to continue.
Like a good soldier he nodded and nudged one of Ryd's men in the direction we had come from. 
"Fives, you heard the general. Let's go", with the words they disappeared with the prisoners. 
"General then... How many more lies have you told me?!", the anger in his voice was hard to miss.
Uncertainly, I bit my lower lip. "I didn't want to lie to you, Anakin. But what choice did I have! You would never have trusted me if I had told you from the beginning that I was a jedi", now anger had gripped me as well. 
Anakin threw his arms in the air. I could sense how big the dark feelings were inside him. 
"Maybe I would have really trusted you if you had been honest from the beginning! But like this...", he shook his head in disappointment. "But I'll never trust you again like this, Ahsoka!" 
Anakin turned away from me. My heart contracted painfully at his words. A lump formed in my throat but before tears could form in my eyes I remembered who I was.
"It's better if you don't trust me. It's too dangerous for you around me. I tried to teach you that on Tatooine. But you didn't want to hear about it", I tried to make him understand with crossed arms and an expressionless look. 
He only snorted contemptuously before looking me in the eyes again just as hatefully.
"Then I guess it would be better if we never see each other again."
At first his words shocked me but then I realized he was right....
"Yes, maybe it would be better", I agreed with him quietly with my head bowed.
Meanwhile, my bleeding heart curled up in the darkest corner of my chest.