3

The wind knocked out of me was so great that I coughed greatly, thankfully not waking anybody up.

"I'm Gally, by the way." He chuckles, crawling back into his hammock.

I brush the dirt off of my clothes and make my way back into the hammock, rolling onto my side.

It was nothing like my warm, comfy bed. But I was in a beautiful location, with friendly people.

I turn and look at Gally in disgust.

Some.

In a quick flash, my eyes drop and I gently brisk myself to sleep, hoping to God that I don't end up back into my home. I want to stay here forever!

Morning arrived quickly and I was awoken by the sudden shake of something against my hammock.

"Get up!" A young boys voice echoed, ringing in my ears.

"Chuck?" I yawn, rubbing my eyes and adjusting to the new lighting.

"Wow, Alby already told you?" Chuck nods to himself in a praise, folding his arms together.

"What's up, Chuck?" I groan, sitting up onto my hammock, clutching onto the rims of the bed.

"Alby wants to talk to you and show you around to the jobs that are available for you." He smiled gently, tapping my shoulder and slowly wondering off.

I groan, rubbing my temples. It's too early for this.

"Hey, Alby." I groan, walking into the decision hut.

"Morning, Annabelle. Have you had a look at any of the jobs yet?" He folds his arms.

My biggest dream was to be a runner, but I think that wouldn't work out too well for me. I hate seeing animal guts over my clothes. And I'm so bad at gardening, I can't barely use a garden shovel. If I worked in the kitchen, I would probably burn the whole Glade down. Don't even get me started on the Med-Jacks.
The only job I was good at was the building.

I'm incredibly smart and creative and now is the time to express that.

"I want to be one of the builders." I comply, folding my arms in dominance.

Alby quietly chuckles, "You've got to ask Gally for that, Greenie."

"That's not fair, he despises me and it's the only thing I'm good at." I sigh dramatically, releasing my arms from suffocating.

"I'm sure he'll let you, you've just got to prove you're worthy of his attention." Alby conveys, standing upright.

I groan quietly, putting on a fake smile and walking out the door.

I bite my lip to prevent me from throwing a fit. Gally hates me and I can't handle this.

I hesitantly approach Gally, who's lifting logs and building a new hut.

He doesn't stop, doesn't even take notice of me.

Asshole..

"Gally." I spoke, folding my arms, showing that this means business.

"What?" He groans, dropping the wood, with a big thud, causing the ground to violently shake.

I gulp, conveying, "I want to be a builder. I'm creative and incredibly smart."

Gally continues on with his job, averting his gaze somewhere else, completely ignoring me.

"Gally!" I yell impatiently, this gained the other boy's attention.

Gally drops the wood, lifting his finger up, "Hush your mouth. Are all girls whiny?"

"Just me." I spit, narrowing my eyes.

"Fine, but if you mess up just ONCE then you're done." He applied, pointing me towards the edge of the hut, where they worked on the smaller wood.

The day went by quickly, not much happened for the first day, I was incredibly proud of the outcome of the hut, it all came together eventually.