The Stone Digger

The two travelers kept moving until the sun began to set. This time, they had found a series of rocks that were aligned into a small cave and provided support for their camp. There, they laid with his tent up, but with no fire this time. He wanted to see the stars for the night because in two days he will be reunited with his friends.  

"Master Caecus," Leilah disturbed Caecus' mind.

Just call me Caecus "Yes?" 

"When I got injured, how did you heal me?" she said as she unveiled her arm. "I have heard from Young Master Alison that you make fine weapons and from Master Cloud that your father was once a trader, a merchant who traveled the whole continent.... However, not informed I am of other great abilities you have with your tools and creations," she asked she dig within her memories.

"Oh, well thank you. I am flattered and that was nothing," Caecus sat with legs crossed and touched her arm to make sure she was fine.

 "But if it was for me, I don't think I would have been as relieved of the pain if you hadn't used your magical hands. Are you a gifted as well?" she persisted.

"Well...." He looked into the distance from where they had come from. He stood up Should I? He looked at Leilah whose eyes were sticked glued to him. 

It's your choice.

'Don't trust anyone so easily' those were father's words.

After some thoughts, Caecus did not see a reason not to trust Leilah. He smiled and nodded to himself, took a deep breath, separated his feet shoulder width apart, and placed his hands into fist with his arms making a 90-degree angle with the floor. Whoosh the sedimented wind blew and then... it began. 

Glowing slowly and increasingly growing, 3 small lights, pink, gold, and white, from around his neck. Then, he took out the collar hidden under his shirt. 3 small stones attached to the necklace. "They're not actually my gifts but I've borrowed them from my friends. The pink one-," he said as he pointed at it with his free hand, "is from Harmony, it can heal the user. The gold one, from Alison, helps me gain strength, which is what I used when we were capturing the roadrunners. This white one is from John, it helps me see in the dark or to create a small light orb-" he said as a small sphere emanating light appeared levitating from his hand"- but it does not produce heat."  

"So beautiful," 

"Thank you," Caecus intersected the compliment.

" Chuckles, you are too."

"Oh, that wasn't for me?" Caecus said sarcastically. "I'm just kidding. Ahem... The first time I made this, I thought I had a star in my hand... and I couldn't turn get it off my hand. Dad had asked me to bring him his lamp and I could not see because it was dark. I could not find it until the stone glow," the sphere faded out so that the stone's light could fade in. It was mesmerizing to Leilah. " This little stone glowed for the first time inside a really dark room, and I am not scared of the dark... but having this light made it so much easier to look around," he smiled upon the sight of all of them.

"Young Master has shown us a collection of stones she possesses, similar to yours. I think, Her's has a red crimson stone. She-" Leilah was distracted by Caecus expression. "Why are you grinning?"

Caecus could not hide his smile under the stars. "Sorry, I'm just happy to hear that she still has my gift." That's so sweet. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight. Hush, let me be.

"That's so sweet of you," Leilah said.

... Hahaha, see. I'm not the only one.

" That stone is a gift of mine. It doesn't possess power, but it does possess knowledge of the skills I leaned with dad as well as her most valuable memories." Tensus proceeded to explain. "Dad had taught me lots of skills. One of them was how to forge without heat. Something very difficult. When I first started, I couldn't try anything because everything was so big. Dad's googles were too big, his apron as well, gloves, shoes, the hammer, everything. So, the tools you see me bring out everytime we stop, those are my first completed works. I tried making things such as swords and axes, but I couldn't."