Like A Stone

The tired pair had found a safety area. They had come in through a window that now served as ventilation. They looked at each other and at the Roadrunner that went to sleep almost immediately. There were several tables around the place, chairs, it had a second floor, a basement.

"Umm. Good evening!" That's the best you could come up with? Hush, also, where were you?

Busy

"Master Caecus, I don't think there is anyone here," Leilah said as she passed her fingers through the dust laying over the place. "There also appears to be no lights on any of the other buildings."

Caecus headed to the windows. A bulge passed through, and it placed itself in the middle of the town, "It's here."

Leilah moved close to see it as well, "Indeed, it is hunting for us. We can wait till it decides to leave." She suggested as she kept her eyes on it.

"Well, we could try" No, we don't know how long it will wait for us. If that's the case...

"I'm going to check on the other buildings," Caecus tied his shoes and started heading upstairs.

"Master Caecus, where are you going?" Leilah hurried after him. 

Once they both were on the roof, Caecus started looking around. He was hyped even after all that running.

"What are we looking for?" Leilah said.

"For an armory or arsenary. There should be one around."

"I don't know what that is. Master Caecus?"

Caecus kept moving from one side of the roof to the other one. There was a lot more buildings he could not see. There has to be something. He kept repeating in his head.

Caecus, What?

Caecus looked at the exhausted Leilah that could barely follow him. He stopped and started taking deep breaths. 

"Sigh. Alright... we should probably rest."

Caecus helped Leilah go downstairs to get sleep. Caecus could keep going but Leilah was not used to being in such as hot place. He placed a blanket over the counter and helped her lay there. She immediately fell asleep. 

It must have been tough on her.

I mean, we started off bad and she is not from here. We spent a whole day running around for our lives. Look Caecus looks at his Roadrunner even he is exhausted. We should rest as well.

Caecus was tired too and he did not complain. He too made some space next to his Roadrunner and fell asleep with it.