~twenty-one~

A/N: umm hey, it's been awhile lol. Basically I just haven't had any inspiration, so leaving any ideas/prompts in the comments would be amazing. I have another one shot book on this account for the marauders era, it's a similar situation of writer's block but if you want to read more of my work go over there. Also love you all so much for all the nice/funny comments, it makes my day :)

Also Fred's alive in this to spite jk rowling

------

My first memory ever is waking up in St. Mungoes, alone. Not a Dr. Doofenshmirtz situation where my parents didn't show up for my birth, more in a 'I don't remember anything of my life up until that point.'

The doctors said I was a casualty in the Battle of Hogwarts, healers found me amongst the rubble afterwards, barely alive.

I try not to think how my life was before I lost my memory. My age indicated that I was pretty much fresh out of Hogwarts. The battle destroyed the students records, so no one had any way of knowing who I was. I probably had friends at Hogwarts, maybe even a partner. I had dreams, aspirations, maybe a job.

But now I have a new life, five years later. I picked a new name for myself, after the flowers a kind volunteer at the hospital had given me. A beautiful  flower that has become my favorite. So much so that I just started my flower shop in Diagon Alley, decorated to the brim with my favorite flowers.

It was the day before my shop opened and I decided to take a stroll around the shops around it. I visited Eeylops Owl Emporium and Sugarplum's Sweet Shop first, but the store that really caught my eye was right across from mine. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. I didn't know much about it, but the colorful facade drew me to it.

A new year of Hogwarts had started recently, and with it came a chill in the air. I adorned my favorite coat and approached the shop. There were posters littered on the front entrance, advertising various products. As I opened the door my senses were automatically overwhelmed, there were things whizzing here and there, a puppet on a tricycle above my head, and the occasional whiff of an potion.

I walked over to the nearest stand, perfume that claimed to get off a scent men couldn't resist. I lifted a bottle of it, which was called Y/n, and smelled it. Hm, floral.

Another shelf had candies that gave you nosebleeds, made you puke, and even caused you to faint. There was a cage nearby with what appeared to be giant balls of cotton candy. I approached it and nearly jumped when one of them looked at me. A purple ball of fuzz with cute beady little eyes was staring up at me.

I nearly jumped again when someone suddenly appeared at my side and spoke, "Interested in a pygmy puff? I think that one likes you."

I turned to look at the man who apparently worked there. He was tall and had about shoulder length ginger hair. He was quite handsome, but nothing was extremely remarkable about him, yet I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. There was a strange familiarity, a warmth, to them. I was struggling to place the emotion I was feeling when those same eyes went wide with surprise.

"Y/n?" He gasped, shock, confusion, and hope etched into his face.

"Um, no thank you I'm not looking for any perfume," I replied, my gaze still fixed on those eyes.

The man turned fully towards me with such an intense gaze I had to step back.

"Y/n l/n, is that really you?" His facial expression hadn't changed much, except hope seemed to be slowly taking over.

"Um, no?" I replied, still confused with the familiarity he seemed to exude, "Do I know you?"

"It's George," he said, eyes piercing into my soul, "George Weasley."