𝕴. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰,

𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔡, 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡-𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔡

𝔞 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡,

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔪𝔭𝔱𝔶 𝔧𝔞𝔯 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢, 𝔞 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡-𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔰𝔬𝔲𝔩

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔶

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩

In a land filled with monsters, where hunters reign supreme, there lives darkness that hides in the shadows, a breed of evil that disguises itself as human. A force to be reckoned with, and a crime against nature. In this land, there live demons. Demons walk the earth as if it is where they belong, all serving their father and Lord of the Underworld. All his precious little children commit atrocities on his behalf, they are evil incarnate and incapable of good.

That is, however, unless they discover the loophole.

While demons may not be able to do good, they can prevent others from doing bad. And that is exactly what one little demon has done. Her time on earth has been spent posing as a monster hunter under the command of Ulysses Bloodstone, but instead of hunting monsters, she hunts the hunters.

With 100 kills under her belt, she has been able to make a name for herself, one other than the name given to her by the Prince of Darkness. Jasmine Kane is a rogue demon who wishes to rid the earth of its foul creatures in order to preserve those who have been hunted. She wishes to save this land from its mangy beasts.

But with the sudden passing of Ulysses Bloodstone, everything comes to a screeching halt, for now, the monster hunters must convene at the sacred Temple, which can only mean one thing.

The Bloodstone is up for grabs.

It makes little sense to the rogue demon, for the natural line of succession would grant the Bloodstone to the next in line... Elsa.

But nonetheless, Jasmine will be attending the meeting of the monster hunters, even if she thinks the theatrics are quite foolish. And on the way to the temple comes a message from her father. Her movements stop as her ears ring and her mind scorches by hellfire as she gets transported to the realm between the earth and between hell. Satan himself stands before her, towering and daunting as he always likes to appear when he means to intimidate his children.

" 𝕐𝕆𝕌 𝔸ℝ𝔼 𝔽𝔸𝕃𝕃𝕀ℕ𝔾 𝔹𝔼ℍ𝕀ℕ𝔻, 𝕄𝕐 ℂℍ𝕀𝕃𝔻."

" I am doing my job just as you intended, father."

" 𝔻𝕆 𝕆𝕋 𝕃𝕀𝔼 𝕋𝕆 𝕄𝔼, 𝔻𝔸𝕃'𝔾𝔼𝕃𝕆ℕ... 𝔽𝕆ℝ 𝕀 𝕊𝔼𝔼 𝔸𝕃𝕃 𝕋ℍ𝔸𝕋 𝕐𝕆𝕌 𝔻𝕆."

Jasmine is removed from the realm between and finds herself standing in front of the Bloodstone Temple, exactly where she intends to be.

The known universe, with its heroes and marvels, but what of the darkness? In our modern world, this is where monsters dwell, alongside those who hunt and slaughter them with pride. None more prolific than the Bloodstone family, whose patriarch has long controlled the powerful supernatural relic, the Bloodstone, a weapon unlike any other. But now, this weapon is in want of a new master, for Ulysses Bloodstone has died. Tonight is his funeral. Hunters have gathered from around the globe, strangers until this night, for a ceremonial hunt which will decide who next will wield the Bloodstone. And woe to the monster who finds itself among them.

Jasmine enters the temple, one boot-covered foot at a time as she steps through the grand hall depicting images of monster hunters throughout the centuries, depicting images of her targets. While the monster hunters celebrate the death of a monster, Jasmine celebrates the death of a hunter. She enters the circular room of the temple with monster hunters scattered around.

And her entrance doesn't go unnoticed, for her scent travels all the way from her body to the nose of another hunter, whose head turns to her dazed and confused. How could a stranger's scent make his mind melt the way it is now? How could a stranger's scent feel like home?

The rogue demon wanders around the room, eyeing all of the dead monsters on the walls, and the weapons used to kill them, and by doing so catches the eye of a monster hunter she was truly hoping never to see again.

Zuri Kamaria.

Oh how much the two hunters loath each other. Every altercation has been as unpleasant as the air in the room once the elder hunter speaks.

" What are you doing here?"

Jasmine turns around to find Zuri with her arms crossed, hair blown out, and styled beautifully to frame her cold and angered face.

" Same as you, I presume," Jasmine starts, " I was summoned."

" Here to steal another kill right from under me?" Zuri questions as she steps forward.

" How bold of you to assume I need to steal your kills to be successful," Jasmine states with furrowed brows as her devilish thoughts get the best of her, " Perhaps you just need to get better at watching your back."

Jasmine's demonic shadow lurks behind Zuri as the rogue demon walks away. The shadow spooks the elder hunter as Jasmine lets out a small chuckle, but when Zuri turns around, there is nothing to be found.

 ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦