𝕴𝕴. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖊

𝔐𝔶 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢

𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰

𝔞 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡,

𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔡

𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔶

𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡, 𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔨

𝔄 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱

As Jasmine admires one of the oil paintings on the wall, the hunter whose nose has gone mad stares at her back while the Scottish hunter continues on with the conversation at hand, simply oblivious to the wandering mind of the man before him.

But amid her admiration of the painting, her shoulders tingle with a strange delight as she senses the presence of another person entering the temple, one she hasn't seen in quite some time.

Elsa Bloodstone.

Elsa holds a dear place in Jasmine's heart, for the rogue demon has known her since she was a child, and oh how she's longed to see her again.

If only the stepmother held the same regard.

Verussa Bloodstone is no fan of her stepdaughter, she barely considers her family. Elsa is her husband's daughter, and that is all. The young Bloodstone enters the temple just as Jasmine turns around, and finds it within her heartless body to form a smile upon her lips.

" Is that my little Elsa?" Jasmine ponders as she approaches the woman.

" Not so little anymore, am I?" Elsa quips, " What are you doing here, Aunt Jasmine?"

" To pay my respects," Jasmine answers truthfully.

" I thought you and dad didn't get along?"

" He's not who I am here to see."

It is true, Ulysses Bloodstone was not a friend of Jasmine Kane, but they did know each other. All those years ago, Jasmine's task from her father was to eliminate the Bloodstone line and capture the red gem for the Prince of Darkness himself.

Clearly, she did not do what she was told. Jasmine came up with something else entirely. Instead, she allowed the family to live but never said she would allow the association of monster hunters to be successful. By posing as one of them, she's able to gain the secrets of the hunters as to better hunt them herself.

But Elise, oh, Elise...

Elise was the mother of Elsa, but separated from Ulysses when she was young. Elise was a bright scholar. She was an archaeology student when she met Ulysses, and her intelligence is what made Jasmine swoon.

Jasmine did something forbidden for demons. She fell in love.

She fell for Elise, and she fell hard. Jasmine wanted to give up her demonic ways to be with the woman of her dreams. She would do anything for her. She would kill for her. She would die for her.

But falling in love is forbidden for a reason, for it makes demons weak.

Elise was stolen from Jasmine, and died right in her arms by ways of the Devil, to serve as a reminder of what happens to demons who break the rules. It was her punishment for being weak, and it has served as a stark reminder.

And ever since, Jasmine has not gotten involved with a single soul and has vowed never to do so ever again. She can't go through it all... she can't relive that pain.