114 - Drunk Truth

Michael

Faye and I, we kinda took some time off. Things got a little awkward after what happened the other night. What we did, it was a moment of weakness. She was right about that. We hit the rock bottom, causing us to engage in a consensual deed. 

Just almost.

We just shared the bed the whole night that even though she let me hugged her tightly to give comfort, it still felt like we were miles and miles away from one another.

I just buried myself in the studio again, experimenting with the magic. At least, for this little time, I was at peace. Music took me to a beautiful place where I can relax and forget everything even just for a while.

The night was at its peak and I can't sleep. I  was not trying to sleep anyway. My mind was full of thoughts that I can't just sleep away. My long silence caused me to have a dry throat so I went to the kitchen to quench my thirst and at the same time, to have some walk.

"Janet?"

"Hey, Mike!"

With my knitted eyebrows and surprised look, I acknowledged my sister's presence in the kitchen as I prepared my much needed drink. She just looked at me with her wide smiles and twinkling eyes.

The woman was drunk.

"Are you drunk? Why are you drunk?"

"We are just having some girls' night." She gestured, massaging her temples. "I should get back."

I arched my brows as she tried to leave the kitchen. She invited her friends in this damn house without me knowing? It was not really a problem but a little warning sign would be great so I will not be surprised if I bump into someone.

Janet stopped for a little while and I saw her scratching her eyes. I was not offering my help and just amused myself by watching her struggle instead.

"Mike?"

"Yeah?" I answered and she switched her gaze back to me.

"Can you help us? Naomie and I are too drunk."

"Naomie is here?" I asked and she nodded. 

Why these girls were not saying anything to me? I was that busy? I was just in my room most of the time.

"Help you about what?" I followed up since she didn't speak again.

"You know very well that these past few weeks were stressing as hell and sorry for what happened." She started and I just listened. They already knew the news but I did not have any idea about her words. "A night out would be fun and don't worry that's why we are here. It's safer and we need some peace and quiet so I hope you don't mind."