74. Changing Channels

EXT. SUN 'N SANDS MOTEL

"Supernatural is filmed before a live studio audience," Dean voiced.

INT. BRIGHT MOTEL ROOM

Dean put some things in a refrigerator, closed the fridge, and turned. There was applause. There was a sandwich on the table, about a foot tall.

"I'm gonna need a bigger mouth," Dean commented.

A laugh track sounded.

Sam entered the room and applause sounded.

"Hey there, Sam," Dean greeted. "What's happening?"

"Oh, nothing," Sam replied. "Um. Just the end of the world." The laugh track sounded again. "You're gonna need a bigger mouth." Laugh track. "Hey, uh, have you done your research yet? Penny, how about you?"

A 'busted' expression crossed Dean's face, causing the laugh track. Penelope had a small smirk.

"Oh, yeah," Dean said. "All kinds of research. All night."

"Lots of it," Penelope added. "He's a liar."

"Yeah?" Sam questioned. "Hm."

The bathroom door opened. A woman in a bikini came out and the crowd wolf-whistled.

"Oh, Dean..." the woman called, causing Sam and Penelope to look at her and Dean to turn, realizing he'd been caught. "We have some more research to do."

Sam folded his arms and Penelope rolled her eyes as they said, "Dean..."

A laugh track sounded.

"Son of a bitch!" Dean cried.

The laugh track sounded again.

INT. HOUSE

Dean, Sam and Penelope looked around an empty house.

"Town to town, two lane roads, family biz, hunting bros and friend."

Dean, Sam and Penelope backed into each other, startled, turned around, and burst out laughing.

"Living a lie just to get by."

Sam opened a cabinet. A white-sheeted 'ghost' waggled at him. He shut the cabinet and stood against the door.

"As long as we're movin' forward."

Dean was working on the Impala. He wiped his forehead, smearing grease there. Sam pointed and laughed while Penelope smirked. Dean looked at his hands and laughed.

"There's nothing we can't do, together we'll face the day."

EXT. PARK

Dean and Sam rode a tandem bicycle while Penelope rode on the handlebars.

"You two and I won't run away."

Dean, Sam and Penelope raced on absurdly small motorcycles, though it didn't look as small for Penelope.

Sam threw a football to Dean, who caught it and bounced it off the ground. Dean threw it to Penelope and she jumped in the air and caught it.

"When the demons come out to play."

Dean, Sam and Penelope each flopped backwards onto the ground.

INT. BRIGHT MOTEL ROOM

Dean, Sam and Penelope each held half-eaten burgers. The clinked together beer bottles and grinned.

"Together we'll face the day!"

WELLINGTON, OHIO - TWO DAYS EARLIER

INT. HOSPITAL