Chapter 2: christmas shopping

It was now December, the weather had changed, it had gotten much colder than it already was, meaning that Riley had to suffer out in the cold whilst doing drill in the mornings.

Her and the blonde had gotten closer since Genevieve went to her room a couple of weeks ago, they had been meeting at the cafe in the mornings and had been arranging to meet after Uni hours.

Today though was different, Genevieve wanted Riley to meet her friend Ellie, yes she had already spoken to her before, but this time it's for real.

Genevieve had told her that Ellie would be meeting them at the Cafe with her boyfriend Jake for a double date. "So the boyfriend? He's nice?" Riley asked as she sat next to Genevieve at their usual spot. "Yeah he's nice" Genevieve noticed Riley's leg bouncing up and down in anticipation. "It'll be alright" she placed her hand on Riley's leg to comfort her.

"Yeah I know, it's just scary meeting new people" Genevieve nodded in understanding, she did know.

Genevieve turned towards the door when she heard the bell chime signalling someones arrival, she saw Ellie walk through the doors first with Jake following behind. "Ellie!" She stood and called her friends name so she knew where they were.

"Hey babe" the ginger hugged her friend before shaking Riley's hand, "hey Riley" Riley smiled and then moved her hand towards Jakes. "Hey" the man said smiling kindly at Riley before both Ellie and Jake sat down opposite Riley and Genevieve.

"It's so cold out" Ellie shivered as she took her gloves off and put them in her coat pocket before taking that off as-well.

"Tell me about it" Genevieve said, hating the winter. Riley loved the winter however, the cold air usually woke her up in the mornings when she was doing Drill and wanted to crawl back to bed.

"I've heard about you" the man said whilst the girls had their own conversation. "Yeah? Good things?" Riley asked, nervously fiddling with her fingers under the table. "Yeah of course" Riley sighed with relief before placing her hand on Genevieve's leg, squeezing it gently before continuing her conversation with Jake.

Genevieve side glanced the raven haired girl and smiled, there was something about Riley, something about her hair, her eyes, her face, it all stood out to Genevieve, she took in every ounce of her facial features, her lips her nose, the curve of her lips when she smiled, her dimples. All of it made Genevieve's heart swell as she watched her talk.

"I'm going to get a coffee" Ellie said, standing from the table. "I'll come with I need another" Genevieve stood as well, "do you want anything?" Genevieve asked Riley as she stood and waited for a response. "No I'm ok thank you" Genevieve smiled before following Ellie.

"You really like her" Ellie said, watching her friend for her reaction. "What?" She asked, confused as to what Ellie was getting at. "Riley, you really like her don't you" Genevieve smiled as she turned towards the table where Riley and Jake were chatting away. "Yeah, she's... she's different Ellie, I can't pin point it" Ellie smiled, glad to see her friend happy. "She's nice, she makes you happy, you both deserve to be happy" Genevieve turned back towards her friend.

"I just don't want to rush it" Ellie nodded, before walking forwards so she could order her drink. "I'll get yours what do you want?" Ellie asked. "Are you sure?" Genevieve felt bad when other people paid for her food or drinks. "A hot chocolates please" she answered when Ellie gave her a look that told Genevieve not to ask twice. "Thank you" she whispered whilst she ordered the drinks.

They returned to the table with their drinks whilst Riley and Jake were still chatting away. "What do you do?" The man asked, as he took a sip from Ellie's drink. Ellie rolled her eyes as the man placed it back in front of her. "I'm in the uniformed services joining the Army when I turn 19" Riley replied. "When do you turn 19?" The man asked intrigued in Riley's choice of job. "January" she answered. "Not long then" Riley shook her head. "You'll have to take care of this one whilst I'm gone" Riley said aiming it at Ellie as the ginger slowly sipped her drink. "She'll drive me crazy" Riley laughed as Genevieve eyed her dangerously. "I'll be fine!" She dismissed.