jotaro: rejection pt. 2

"Do you remember me now, Y/N?"

Old memories flood your mind. Sora Matsuki...

Was your only crush.

He was the only one that helped you cope with your parents' divorce. But, he is a also reason why you didn't believe in love. You were only twelve years old.

Flashback...

"Y/N? Why are you crying?" your best friend asked as you sat alone in the park.

"My parents are getting a divorce..." you manage to say, but it broke your heart even more.

Sora sat beside you and hugged you softly, "I've known your family for so long, I'm sure your parents will talk it out."

You plant your face in the crook of his neck and sob harder, "They haven't spoken to each other in a week, Sora! It's over for us!"

You stop your crying temporarily when you hear a sniffle that isn't yours.

"Please don't cry, Y/N."

You look up at him, and his eyes are clouded with tears.

"You're making me cry," he says as he wipes his own tears with a smile.

Smiling while crying... was interesting. It showed that he was strong enough to deal with his emotions.

Tears still stream down your face silently as your best friend wipes them away.

A month after the divorce...

Sora was the only person keeping you from running away. He cared for you so much, and it really showed. At the time, you believed that there was still a little bit of hope that love does exist in the world.

That was... until he had to leave you.

"Y/N," he says, "My parents are making me move to Europe for a while. I'm so sorry."

Piece by piece, your world was shattering and slipping away.

You start to cry, and he comforts you saying, "I'm so sorry, I have no choice. I'll come back here for you soon, okay?"

"You'll forget about me..." you reply.

He shakes his head and holds your head with both of his hands to make you look at him, "I won't forget you. I'll be back when I can, okay?"

You nod slowly as he walks off. And from the same exact path Sora took to walk home, you noticed a trail of tears.

Present...

"Don't tell me you actually know this guy, Y/N," Jotaro butts in.

"I could really say the same for you," Sora retorts and glares at him.

A single tear falls down from your right eye. You couldn't tell if it was from joy or pain.

"I do..." you say, "I remember you."

Sora reaches out to wipe your tears once again. A familiar memory pops up: a hand coming towards your face with a gentle smile. It's abruptly stopped because Jotaro grabbed him.

You grabbed Jotaro's arm and moved it away from Sora with a glare. You hug your old best friend tight, but school had started.

"Sora, you should get to school. You're late," you scold him.

"I know, but I just needed to see you. Go inside, I'll see you after school and we'll catch up, okay?" he replies.

You nod and rush into the school, waving goodbye.