Abbacchio: First Sight

This is probably the closest thing I've written to a lemon. Abbacchio just gives off major sexual tension vibes and you can't tell me otherwise. You're 17 in the beginning scene.

Abbacchio's heart has been sealed off since the death of his partner. He beat himself up because of it, and became a drunk. It took a liking to Bucciarati, and so he told you, his first recruit, to go with you to get him. Well, you practically begged him to let you join his squad. He was your brother after all, and he knew what you went through because he had it the same. He hesitated to let you join the mafia because of your fragile nature. Though when you're angered, you're a completely different person.

"Did I really have to go with you?" you ask your brother, clinging to his arm under the umbrella.

"Yes, Y/N. I think that you'd help him warm up. Fugo's no good at that," he replies.

"Ex-cop, took bribe, got partner killed. I think he'd warm up juuust fine," you roll your eyes.

"You never know. I think he's a good fit, just trust me. His home is around the corner," he says.

"Okay..." you mutter and duck your head down, nervous to meet the new recruit.

You two are on the parallel sidewalk when you face the home. Your head is still down.

"Abbacchio," Bruno says, "What's important is not the end result, it's how you get there. Join my team. Don't be bound by your past."

Bruno's words were always so moving. He can persuade anyone, and it was always so cool to watch.

Abbacchio's eyes land on the dark figure that's clinging to Bruno's arm. You look at him at the same time. You lock eyes with absolutely beautiful purple and yellow irises. He's slouching, bleeding, and drunk. You can see potential in him. Lots of it. Now you see why Bruno picked him.

"I forgot to introduce you to Y/N. She's my sister. Are you ready now?" he asks.

Your eye contact breaks when he responds, "Yeah."

He crosses the street, and you hand him an umbrella you were holding.

"You're bleeding," you point out.

"I know."

You huff and cling to your brothers arm while Leone trails behind you two. He was quite the colourful yet edgy man, and it intrigued you.

"What do you think?" Bruno asks in a soft tone, not wanting Abbacchio to hear.

"He's definitely... intriguing."

KING CRIMSON

When you got back to Bruno's place, you brought the first aid kit to where Abbacchio was sitting.

"Hey... I know you don't trust me, so you can patch up yourself. I can help if you want," you suggest.

"Could you? I can't really see where it starts," he asks.

"Oh, sure," you reply, and you get an alcohol pad and wipe the blood off his face. While concentrating on the open cuts, he watches your every move.

"There," you say, "Don't stress too much or else it'll bleed again."

You give him a light smile as he becomes flustered.

Fast foward 2 years (2001), you're 19

Your feelings for Abbacchio didn't change, and neither did his. You'd always be there to patch him up, unless you were on your own mission. He'd worry about you as would everyone else, but they all know not to mess with you when you get mad. Even Fugo is scared of you sometimes.