Little Wendy Needs To Sleep

Little Wendy laid down her head in her big square bed. That's where she goes to dream. But the night was quiet, far too quiet, and Little Wendy couldn't find her dreams.

She needed some sound, a soothing noise or nature's gentle song. She tried a fan, but the ho-hum humming of the blades still kept sleep at bay. If sleep and dreams were bound to run, Little Wendy was ready to chase them.

She went out about the town in search of soothing sounds.But the lights were bright, and the city restless, so sleep continued hiding.

Little Wendy went to the beach to find the sound that would lull her to sleep. Mr. Crab suggested the sound of the waves sliding across the sand. The back and forth of their advance and their retreat. "The whooooosh and whiiiiiiish and whoooosh again, it really helps me sleep," he said.

Little Wendy thanked him because his sound was really quite nice. But it wasn't quite the sound she needed to sleep in peace that night.

Little Wendy found the woods in hopes nature could be her muse. Nature's friends were more than happy to help Wendy find her sound. Mr. Owl tried first with quite the hooting song: "Hoooooooo, hooooooooot." He trailed off, and even though Wendy loved his song, she was still awake.

Mr. Cricket took a shot and played his cricket fiddle. he chirped and danced about, but alas, Little Wendy was smiling instead of sleeping when his song had finished.

Little Wendy was getting hungry when she heard the perfect sound. It was coming from the Wendy's on the road behind her house. It was the soft and soothing sizzle of bacon being cooked.

Mr. Moon could tell the sound was making Wendy tired. "My sweet Little Wendy, take your leave. It's time to go back to bed, with visions of sizzling bacon dancing in your head. And a fluffy, pillowy croissant with a fresh-cracked egg will be waiting for you when you wake tomorrow. It's only $3, with a small seasoned potatoes, so here's a dream to borrow."

Little Wendy found her bed, still big and square and warm. The sizzling sound of tomorrow's bacon held her hand and walked her into the embracing arms of the world of sleep.

In the morning, Little Wendy had all her dreams come true. Breakfast Potatoes, and her choice of a Sausage or Bacon, Egg, & Swiss Croissant for only $3 wasn't only a hard, price-pointed sales push. It was also a heck of a deal, a great start to the day and a soothing thought to drift away to each and every night.