OOO . . . prologue

She was presented to the prince just a few days after his eighteenth naming day.

A child in age of two moons at best, swaddled on a golden Lannister shroud and held by Lord Tymond himself. "She's yours, your grace. Cierra refused the truth be brought to you. Until this..."

Cierra. Cierra Lannister. Eldest of Tymond and the lady of Casterly Rock. A dear friend of Prince Viserys since childhood, the two first meet in a courtyard of King's Landing when war is upon them and the Old King has called for his council. Whilst the adults plunged themselves on urgent matters of the kingdom, a blossoming friendship began between the young dragon and lioness. A friendship that will last until adolescence, the time where marriage pacts and duties are to be attended for their respective houses. It was an unfortunate end that the two weren't meant for union.

And yet they didn't find any resentment towards that. In the end it seemed to be that they worked better as confidants than partners. Until one night, after a long day of a winning battle followed by a large feast, when both were out of themselves in thrill and wine. A line has been crossed under the covers of the prince's chambers. Viserys hasn't seen Cierra since then, nor has he heard from House Lannister of any rage for what he has done.

Until this morning when they arrived outside the throne room, with hundreds of bannermen and guards, demanding to speak with the prince.

"Cierra.." Viserys begins to speak after a long silence. "Where is she?"

"Gone. Three days after the babe was born. She bled too much in her birthing bed." Jason answers, gruff and spiteful. The boy, along with his twin brother, were known to be close to their sister. Tymond immediately shot a sharp gaze at his son as King Jaehaerys' eyes lingered in their direction.

"My sympathies and prayers are with you Lord Tymond, and the rest of House Lannister." Viserys tries not to choke on his words. His Cierra is gone. What have I done?

The Lannister lord had already gone on lengths a while ago to explain the reason behind their unexpected arrival. How his daughter's demeanor had changed when she came home from King's Landing nine moons ago, and soon she revealed the truth when her belly was swollen already. How she begged to hide the truth and raise her child all alone, even if she had to be thrown out to Essos as a disgrace. But even now Viserys' head is still high as the morning clouds, the young prince cannot piece everything that has happened still.

"My grandson is set to be betrothed to his cousin, Aemma. And Cierra, may the gods be with her, is no longer with us. So what will it be, Ser Tymond, that you ask of him." King Jaehaerys speaks in an imposing manner instead of simply asking. Viserys could already feel the impending dread in the council chambers. Two powerful houses with honor and valor both are so willing to defend, neither will give way to the other to settle such complicated predicament they have now.