I . . . royal matters to attend

"SO, I SAID TO HIM, “Well, I believe you might be looking at the wrong end.”

A roar of collective laughter echoes at the common chambers. Members of the council shared an amusement over King Viserys' story, all but two others who simply remained quiet and idle on their seats. Lord Corlys of House Velaryon couldn't be more unimpressed while Princess Daenys, the king's daughter, forces a dry smile.

"My lords," the Master of Ships interrupts, as polite as he can be. "The growing alliance among the Free Cities has taken to styling itself the Triarchy. They have massed on Bloodstone and are presently ridding the Stepstones of its pirate infestation."

Daenys is quick to lean towards the Lord's direction, sullenness leaving her. Most of these days council matters seem to bore her to no end. Having only to listen and nod over politics centered decisions of the Hand. But the one right here now, it seems to be a matter to hear out.

"Well, that sounds suspiciously like good news, Lord Corlys." Her father responds with not much interest.

"A man called Craghas Drahar has styled himself the prince-admiral of this Triarchy," the man continues as he lays out a map of the Undisputed Lands and the Narrow Sea. Daenys inches closer to his side. "They call him “The Crabfeeder” due to his inventive methods of punishing his enemies."

In a sudden, the doors of the council chambers open, prompting some of them to look behind. Rhaenyra saw her elder sister first as she hurriedly beeline to the table.

"And are we meant to weep for dead pirates?"

"No, Your Grace." Lord Corlys answers, the concern he presented being brushed aside due to the arrival of the princess.

"Rhaenyra, you’re late. King’s cupbearer must not be late," Viserys notes, only now realizing his other daughter's presence. "Leaves people wanting for cups."

The two Targaryen girls share a jesting stare as the younger one joins their father's side and places a kiss on his cheek. "I was visiting Mother."

"On dragonback?"

"Aye, Your Grace, at Prince Daemon’s urging, the crown has invested significant capital in the re-training and re-equipping of his City Watch." Ser Lyman Beesbury starts. Daenys could only watch Lord Corlys retreat to his seat, she was hoping to hear more about the Triarchy and the threats they posed. Yet here again they are on matters she isn't allowed to speak much about.

"I thought you might urge your brother to fill his seat on the council, instead of only propping Princess Daenys for his proxy. So he might provide an assessment of his progress as commander of the Watch."

A grim smirk appears on her face on the mention of Daemon and the position she holds for the City Watch. Since the faction's creation on the suggestion of Otto Hightower and the prince named as its commander. Her uncle has yet to fill his position on the council and only ordered Daenys to serve as his representative on every meeting. Her place on the table is all but an obvious and lousy attempt of Daemon to fend off the king's council from his business. Something she is well aware of. And has been counting long to be relieved from.