Almost Grounded

I sit in the hall waiting for Tony to come. I know I should regret what I did but the truth is I really don't. Not that I condone violence but I feel like that anger has been pent up longer than it should have been, though that's no excuse. I'm not sure if I should but I'll probably end up apologizing to him tomorrow if I don't get suspended. I hear footsteps coming down the hall and zone back into what's going on.

I see Tony turn the corner with Steve in tow. It must be my lucky day. I smile and walk towards them.
"Don't look so happy. You're in trouble" Tony says
Steve gives me the eyebrows of disappointment. I hate when he does that. It makes me feel so guilty. My mom used to make the same face when I did something wrong.

"He touched my hair even though I made it clear I didn't want to be touched" I say trying to defend myself
Tony crosses his arms "and?"
"And he called me sweetheart" I continue
"He touched her and called her sweetheart?"Steve asks
"That's what's she says" Tony answers
"so she was just defending herself, isn't that what we've been teaching her?"
"She can't just punch people"
"I would've"
"She's not your kid capsicle. I'm grounding her"
My jaw drops. He's never grounds me before.
"She's already going to be suspended. No need to ground her too"
"I'll think about it." He says walking into the office. I know that means the conversation is over
I sit back down in the chair and wait for them to be done. I hope Steve's trying to help because I know Tony isn't.

After a few minutes they come out. Steve looks at me apologetically "you're suspended for a week"
"You're lucky it's not worse" Tony says. Steve gives Tony and look and Tony sighs "but I'm not going to ground you"
I smile "thank you!"
"Let's just go to the car" Tony says almost begrudgingly
"I'm driving!" Steve calls as he starts running
"I call shot gun!" I say running after him
"Oh great. They're definitely going to play one direction the whole way home" Tony mutters