A little more than scared

I knock on Tony's office door "Tony, are you in there?" I shout. I wait for a moment and when I hear no response I let myself in. I take out the thumb drive from my pocket and plug it into the computer before finding the file. When I bypass all his firewalls and access the file I quickly start uploading it. I need to get out as soon as possible.

Peter's POV
"Hey Mr.Stark guess what" I say walking into his office. Instead of seeing Mr. Stark working I catch Y/n smiling at me like when she's stayed up all night watching One Direction interviews
"What are you doing?" I ask walking towards her
Her eyes flick down at the computer nervously "filling out collage applications"

I can tell she's lying. Her chin only scrunches like that when she's lying. She pulls the thumb drive out of the computer and quickly deletes the tab, but not before I caught a glance. She downloaded the winter soldier files. The encrypted hydra copy. "What are you doing with that?" I ask her
"Tony asked for it" her chin scrunches. It's a very subtle tell; she lies almost effortlessly and if I didn't know her so well I'd believe her

"y/n what's going on?" There must be a reason, y/n isn't like this

She avoids eye contact "I already told you" she says coldly. Something is very wrong
"I can help" I say lightly grabbing her hand
She yanks her hand away "you can't always help people Peter. I don't need your help"
"Please y/n, I want to help"
"Don't." She says finally meeting my eyes. Her eyes are watery and glassed over ". All I can do is get you hurt."
"What do you mean? Just tell me what's going on, we can fix this"

A tear runs down her face and she exits the room without saying anything. Maybe I'm imagining things. Maybe Christmas season just stresses her out. I just can't help but feel like something is very wrong

Y/n's POV
As soon as I leave Tony's office I lose it. Hot tears stream down my face. I'm so scared; I just need to remember what I'm doing it's for, who I'm doing this for. I head to the only place I feel comfortable to cry.

When I arrive at the compound door Steve ushers me to the couch where I cry on his shoulder while he attempts to calm me down
"What happened?" Steve asks
"I just want this all to be over" I sob avoiding the question. If I tell him what's going on Peter is going to be exposed as Spider-Man and my friends are going to die. I can't take that risk.

"Y/n" Steve says with concern plastered across his face
I wipe the tears off my face and will myself to be calm. I need to go "I'm sorry for worrying you. Just make sure everyone knows I love them. Especially Peter and Tony"
"Y/n what's going on?"
"I need to go"
"I'm not going to let you leave"
"Fine, can you at least get me water?" I ask

He nods and as soon as he disappears around the corner I slip out the door. I'm sorry Steve I just can't risk it.

When I get to the park the lady is already waiting for me. She checks her watch, "nice and punctual. Where's my file?" the way she asks I know it's a command not a question. I pull out the thumb drive and hand it to her. "good girl" she says pinching my cheek. She then gets up and starts walking "come".

I follow her all the way to a white van "you're kidnapping me with a white van? How cliché."
"Get in and shut up" she snarls

I quickly get in and stay silent the whole drive. As scared as I am I can never let her know. I just have to think about my friends; as long as they're safe I don't care what happens to me.

Once we get out she takes me in some abandoned building and sits me in a chair "Ready to learn about your mother?" She gestures into the darkness and a man that looks almost exactly like mom comes out. "Your mother was my older sister, his twin if you were wondering. We heard talk of stark industries weapons being sold on the black market and we wanted in so y/m/n applied as a secretary for Tony Stark. Being that she was so beautiful and intelligent she got hired immediately. She found out that Obadiah Stane was running the black market sales so I started developing a plan for her to get in on it. Unfortunately we hit a hitch in the plan when my dear sister fell in love with Tony Stark. She soon became pregnant with you and ran away from us ditching the plan and ruining our chances at getting the money. When we finally found her we made sure her days were numbered. She was 'tragically' exposed to uranium." Her smile widens "you know the rest."

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask trying to keep my composure

"Well I figured you deserved to know why you owed me this file. Your mother cheated us out of millions. Once I restart the winter soldier program I will be one of the most powerful people in the world and I can get all the money I want, all the money I deserve"
"You're sick" I say standing up

She ignores my comment "You really were a good little spy and you could be somewhat useful" she sighs and pulls out a gun pointing it at me "too bad I have to kill you"