Chapter 1

If god had offered you one more chance to live, would you take it?

Most answers would be yes or maybe depending on the situation.

But you didn't want another chance to live. Living was painful sometimes, boring even, and a lot of work.

Wake up, go to school, learn, go home, eat, sleep, repeat.

Sometimes you wanted to know what was beyond life. What lies beyond death when it arrives?

You wanted answers, but it's not like you were insane enough to go and actually die.

When the familiar pitch black of emptiness welcome you, you were nothing. No reaction, no anything. All your senses were nonexistent and you had no lingering thoughts either.

You were just a husk. A spec of nothing. And perhaps, you might not be the only one.

You didn't fully accept death, but what can you do to stop it?

You wish you felt sorry for the people in your past life you've left behind. But, you can't do anything about that either.

In your vast emptiness, a strange...sensation has grown. You didn't even have enough time to process what was happening or why your sense was regaining, but they did. And boy, did it spread like wildfire.

-

You shot straight up from your spot, feeling disoriented as your (S/C) hand came up to cup your forehead, breathing ragged as your eyes scanned your surroundings. 

A nostalgic feeling overwhelmed you. The hunter exam site.

Lights illuminated the room, though it was not very bright, more so dim. There's quite a crowd of people scattered within the area of the exam site a menacing presence to which you grew tense.

You'd know that presence from anywhere...

A red-haired man with a card in hand walked through the crowd, stalking away with a gleeful smile ever so present on his face. The stench of iron followed him and you trailed your attention over to the red flower petals on the ground

You cringed. Still as murderous as ever...There's no way in hell you'd ever go near Hisoka under any circumstances. 

Speaking of Hisoka..you haven't even seen him in a couple of years during your time. He looks completely normal, well..not really normal but the usual. You wondered why you were back at the exam site anyways, you've already got your license.

What was the last thing you were doing anyways? Your brain is a bit fogged up, getting up slowly and pressing your back against the wall for some guidance. You felt weaker than normal, it's almost foreign to you. You felt too exposed in fact, too vulnerable.