Chapter 2

It's been at least a few hours into the hunter exam if not, more. You don't know how long you've been jogging along with the other competitors but you've got the stamina to last for it..so it was alright. Sides, you already knew what was going to happen.

You have taken the hunter exam before after all.

Jogging sure was tiring. Well, maybe not physically for you. Perhaps in the old world, you've been in, it would've but not here. You're sure that if you were in your more present state of body, you could've at least gone to another state by yourself. Were you boasting..? Possibly...

But, this world wasn't so kind. Much less kind than the world you originally were from. It's harsher, crueler and naturally, you had to learn to adapt one way or another, even on your own.

You once thought such trivial things as dimension-hopping and being isekai'd into another world or even anime and other shows didn't exist. That they only existed in stuff like fanfictions, yet here you are.

If you were to even go back and tell anyone of it, you're sure to be called crazy or delusional...

I mean, you wouldn't believe yourself either. It seems too unbelievable after all.

You were the type of person to always watch from the sidelines, never joining in on anything much. Mediocre maybe...if that's a way to describe yourself. You lacked something in your boring life and to fill that, you tried indulging in other things such as reading, writing, drawing, and watching animes and shows.

It wasn't all too much to fill the emptiness inside you, but it was something at least. 

Sometimes, you felt like moping around and not doing anything at all. You gradually lost interest in stuff you at least used to enjoy, your grades drop in lack of motivation and you just found yourself wishing to be nothing but a speck of dust.

There's something called 'depression'. 

You weren't sure if you had that, but your family was always concerned about you. You kinda felt bad for them, moping around and they had to deal with you. 

If there was one thing you'd like to do before even coming to this world, you'd at least go back and apologize to them.

Your sweet mother, your prideful older sister. You wanted to apologize for leaving them.

But, you can't go back. So, the best option is to move forward.

Of course, that doesn't mean they'd be forgotten and left in the dust.

Snapping out of the daydreaming of your past life, you spotted occasional tufts of white hair through the mass bodies of people jogging. Your mind could only be brought to one person as your eyes gradually dragged over to where the familiar boy skated over to.

The man in the navy blue suit and spiky hair. Leorio. He was like an older brother figure to you almost. His aspiration to be a doctor to help others was admired along with his sense of determination. 

He's a funny guy. You found him amusing, he's fun to be around and tease. You missed his noogies admittedly

"Hey! Wait up, kid!"

As the 'adult' looking man yelled out, the white-haired boy, clearly younger and around at least your own age looked up at him, his hands in the pockets of his pants and riding on his skateboard.