Chapter 13

Veronica was sat on her bed, glancing through photos of her and Billy when they were younger.Tears welled up in her eyes,sniffling,
she shook them away.

It had now officially been more than twenty-fours since he had died, Veronica still felt guilty about it all, she hated the fact that she never got to say goodbye to him.

She looked beside her: the inky, dark black roses, what Alex had given her, she looked down at her feet and sighed, gripping the photos of her and Billy.

The thing what had broken her heart was her parents reaction, when the police had told them her mother and fell onto the floor, breaking into her sobs whilst her father stood there paralysed, tears slowly falling down his face.The night Billy had died, Veronica didn't want to be alone, so she didn't go home that night.Instead Alex had let the girl stay at his she was thankful for him,she knew her emotions for him changed that night.

The sun had begun to set: Red,yellow and orange mixing together, almost as if someone spilt paint over the sky creating a beautiful ombré colour, small droplets of rain also started to fall onto the floor furiously like bullets firing  from a gun.

Veronica sighed, putting the photos back in the folder, placing it in the box.Frowning, She shot up from her chair, making her way slowly over to the phone.She knew she couldn't call Alex at that moment in time as he was in the 'death-proofed' cabin,they had set up for him.So, she rang the second person she thought of.Clear.

When the phone stopped ringing, Veronica smiled; she heard Clear speak. "Hello?" Clear questioned.Veronica sighed, her hands brushing through her hair.

"It's me.Hi,Clear." Veronica greeted, Clear recognised her voice, which belonged to her bestfriend.

"Veronica?! Hi, are you okay?" Clear replied.

"I just wanted to say that you're my best friend and that I love you." Veronica sighed, fidgeting with her fingers.

Clear furrowed her eyebrows," Veronica? Are you okay? Are you going to kill yourself?! I mean I love you too but you never say it randomly? Is there something wrong?" Clear questioned, panicking.

Veronica's eyes widened, "No! No.I'm not going to kill myself.It's just that ever since you know Billy died." Veronica started, her voice cracking as she mentioned Billy. "I feel like I should tell everyone that I care about that I love them since I don't know if anything's going to happen to them." She gulped in worry.She had enough, she couldn't deal with anymore deaths,she really hoped Alex was okay.

"Oh Veronica, we're gonna be okay! I promise that all of us are going to be fine.We can defeat this! We will defeat this.In a years time we'll graduate and hopefully we'll both get into NYU." Clear reassured.

Veronica and Clear had always wanted to go to same college after school, they had planned it for years.They both dreamed of going to NYU.The girls planned their whole life together.Live in a big apartment with each other, have caring, loving lovers and finally graduate college and get good paying jobs.That's all they ever wanted.

But now, Veronica also wanted a life with Alex.She wanted to live with him, go on dates with him and do what normal teenagers did.She had always thought she wouldn't have found a love interest till after she had graduated highschool, but plans change I guess.

"I really hope so." Veronica hoped, biting her finger.She was worried about everything: death was after them and maybe now they wouldn't be able to live their dream lives. "I've never been a natural at anything, Clear.I'm scared that somethings going to happen to you, us.Take first day of highschool for example: I wasn't smart, I had to work that.Most people don't have to try.But that's all I do.And now I'm scared that I'm going to fail you all, with this death thing."