Chapter Seven

Wesley Blair is the most insufferable person I have ever known.

I want to stab him, I think, I really would like to stab him.

Two hours of cramped hands and setting sentences into functioning paragraphs, were completely wasted.

Of course, I am proud of my work. I most certainly won, even though it hasn't been announced yet.

Imagine me, pleased and hopeful at the end of our writing time, looking over to Wesley and seeing a satisfied smirk rested on his stupid face.

This is no surprise, we often both seem a bit over confident after this portion of the competition.

No, that is not what angered me.

What angered me, infuriated me, was looking down from his expression and finding stacks of paper completely blank.

He did not write anything, not even a single word.

Wesley let me win.

He was gone before I looked up from his stack. People walked around me and quickly out of the room.

I am on my feet before I can even think about it.

I see a ridiculously primped coat as soon as I exit the room myself.

Wonderful, he was waiting for me.

"What," I seethe, hitting him hard in the back. "In God's name is your problem?"

He turns slowly, I meet his pleased smile, making me even more angry than I was before.

"What ever do you mean?" He asks smugly.

His posture is tight with superiority, just as is always is. He keeps a good amount of distance between to two of us, keeping a watchful eye of those who are near.

I hit his chest, hard. "You are so ridiculous!"

He acts as though the blow was nothing, and only laughs at my angry expression. "Not a great feeling, is it?"

It astounds me, the length he will go to in order to get even, to win in his own way. He knew there was as much of a chance that I would win as he would. By taking himself out of the competition entirely, he knew we would be in the same tie as we were in this morning.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Your parents will be furious." And they will be, they expect nothing but the best from Wesley, they always have.

"They knew my intentions before I came here today."

That frustrates me even more. "Oh, of course they did, you cannot do anything without for asking your daddy's permission first, can you?"

"Watch yourself, you little witch." I watch his gaze darken in front of my very eyes. Most would be scared, standing in front of Wesley Blair with that look in his eye. I, however, am most pleased to finally have a reaction that is not arrogance.

"You are such a baby." I push even further, a bit louder than I have been speaking.

When I move to shove his chest once more, he grabs my wrist and hurriedly walks forward, skipping through the lot of people shoving through the hallway.

Oh, well this is just embarrassing.

"Let go of me!" I command. An older woman that I do not recognize gives me an odd look before I am suddenly pushed into an empty coat closet.

Shoved into the room, I nearly trip over my own feet before Wesley firmly grabs my elbow, keeping me steady in place.

The light is dim, but I see his features clearly. Brooding and unimpressed, Wesley Blair looks the same as he always does.