authors note/ character talk

okay so this is the first section of this book!! i like posting a couple chapters all at once i think that's a bit better for me.

I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS SO MUCH IT KILLS ME.

if u want a better understanding of them, i could genuinely talk about all of them for hours.

we start with the main family of this book which is the Montgomery's.

Alice, who is so delusional and silly and fun it makes me want to pinch her cheeks. she definitely a hopeless romantic and struggles with the fact that her family does what they do. I mean, she can definitely see that it may not be in good morals to literally kill ppl but it's also all that she's ever known so she just kinda goes with it ig 😭😭

GRIM MY BABYGIRL !! he means so much to me, i would die for him i really would. he is such a complex character bc he comes off cold and mean but him and alice are definitely similar in ways that we explore a later on. do not be fooled by his act i swear that mean man has a heart.

WILLA WILLA WILLA. let me, no shut up, let me tell u about willa. one of my favorite characters i have ever written. i will protect her at all costs. alice is definitely a but jealous of her and also loves her more than anything (which, same.) she's a sweet girl but in this we slowly will start to see her become her own person and really start to stand up for herself especially to grim. she's been through so much, i just want to hug her.

their parents, they are so cool. they had an epic love story, which we also talk more about later on. Cordelia is a bit colder, by nature, but she loves her family with everything she has. she is also an absolute bad bitch so obviously grim and alive really look up to her. William, their dad, hasn't been explored too much so far but he's a murderer, but, like, also a softy. he's just silly guys don't even worry about it. He's a bit harder on Grim which we DEFINITELY go into further detail about later.

joseph malaise/cooper. i want to make this very clear to u all. i hate this man. u may see the classic dagger to the throat enemies to lovers moment and think there is something there. i assure there is not. and he only gets worse *giggling* there may be some moments where he isn't terrible, but for the record, we hate this man.

wesley blair, i won't go into too much detail about him bc i like that in this point of the book, we don't rlly get him. like man is constantly contradicting himself. but he's also smart, but also like. he makes no sense 😭. is interesting that's for sure, we find out a lot about him and his siblings pretty soon. it hard stuff.

some of my favorite parts so far:

- alice is so dramatic it makes me laugh. like girlie thinks everything is the end of the world.

-cordelia tearing grim's coat ! makes me giggle.

-grim thinking everyone is in love with him (so true of him bc yes, i am in love with him)

- willa and alice being besties. god it means everything to me. like willa is so shy around everyone but she gets around alice and the woman is a menace.

-grim being so protective over alice and constantly checking on her. what a good brother

-alice and her mom talking. that's no was actually needed and it was important that it wasn't her dad. she's already so comfortable with her dad but alice has always kinda felt this detachment from her mom. like she has something to prove to her. so this was a big moment for her.

- alice being afraid of joseph's eyes, idk why it just makes me giggle.

-grim has no idea how to act around willa. like his first instinct is to be mean and that's so??? alice hates it fs. hits him every time which is so true of her.

-wesley blair u are a little shit. i cannot believe u would let alice win. (yes i could, bc i wrote it) he's so silly y'all.

- now let me say this. i don't know how anyone feels about alice and the montgomery's but they mean the world to me. but i must admit am wesley is completely valid for hating alice. her family rlly do just kill everyone in his family 🍅🍅. i'd hate her too unfortunately.

- however. it also makes sense that alice is like???? i don't kill anyone??? what do u want from me???

- i think it's funny that by chapter 8 alice has just stopped caring when it came to joseph. girl really said "u wanna kill me??? can u fucking do it then??" she was being so funny even tho it was like the worst moment of her life.

that's all i think!!! i'm super excited about this i've been working on it for a long time.

thank u to all the people that read. a million kisses from me!!!