Prologue

Labour Day 2009     
Photo Reference - 1

Harper got out of the drivers side of her car along with her sister Hanna on the passenger side. Harper glances over to her, "Mom is going to know you replaced her vodka with water"

Hanna shrugged and smiled in returns to her sisters nagging, "She won't notice Harps, it's been in that cupboard collecting dust ever since grandma bought it for her for her birthday. Ali asked me to bring it". She linked arms with Harper and walked through Spencer Hasting's backyard and into the barn.

Harper hated how quickly her sister would give in to Alison's demands and do exactly as she asked. What was so interesting about Alison Dilaurentis anyway?

"Finally you guys are here!" Emily said with a smile on her face as the two girls entered the barn.

The girls both sat down on the chairs laid out as Hanna pulled out the bottle of vodka from inside her bag. All the girls started laughing to each other at the blondes action.

Harper takes it off Hanna and pours it out equally into glasses for the girls to drink. Once they all have their cups and start to drink the music they were listening to suddenly cuts out right after a lightning crash.

"Woah what happened?" Aria Montgomery inquired.

"It must be the storm" Spencer replied quickly turning her head to the door as she heard a creak amongst them.

Harper finally spoke up, "Guys somethings out there"

Hanna hit her sister gently whisper- shouting "Don't say that Harper!"

Harper laughed and stood up "Will you let go of my arm?" She said turning to Hanna

Hanna looked at her and held on tighter and whispered "I'm scared"

Harper sighs and walks forward toward the rest of the group with Hanna holding a strong grip on her arm. The girls all walked closer to the door and were startled by a smashing glass all of them letting out a scream at once.

Alison came out of no-where screaming "Gotcha!" making the girls all let out a terrified  scream only to laugh when they realised it was their best friend.

"That was so not funny Alison!" Spencer said with a small laugh.

"I thought it was hilarious girls" Alison replied with a laugh escaping her lips.

Harper gave her sister a funny look as she was now laughing and walking around freely as if not even two minutes ago she was clinging onto her for dear life.

"Ali did you download the new Beyoncé?" Hanna inquired.

"Ugh,not yet." Ali replied with a smirk forming on her lips as she looked to Emily who started to speak.

"I'm loving her new video."

"Maybe a little to much, Em."

Harper rolled her eyes at Alison's snide comments, just like she did at majority of them.

Alison passed the glass towards Aria, "Your turn, go on", she said with that same smirk on her face as usual.

Aria took the glass from her and started drinking from the glass,

"Careful Aria! Take too much and you'll tell us all your secrets!" Spencer laughed.

Aria rolled her eyes softly at what her friend had to say.

"Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close." Alison said looking amongst the girls smiling.

Harper rolled her eyes once she knew Alison's eyes weren't on her earning a small nudge to the rib cage from Hanna.

"Drink up!" Alison said once more to the Montgomery girl.

The girls cheered her on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Harper woke up groaning to the sensation of a foot on her rib cage.

"Harper! Wake up!" The younger Marin whisper shouted.

Harper sighed as he sat up and looked around, "Where's Spencer and Alison?"

"We don't know." Aria replied to Harpers question.

The girls all stood up and walked towards the door again like they had earlier that night. A figure came from around the corner,

"Ali?" Aria shouted out in hope she had returned.

"She's gone." Spencer said coming from around the corner

Harper shook her head letting out a small chuckle, "What do you mean she's gone?"

"I've looked everywhere for her."

There was a slight pause where the two Marin twins looked to each other in shock and fear.

"I think i heard her scream."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of 'Her little secret'! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and will continue to read my book! I'm so excited to see where writing Harpers character takes me and i hope your excited to read all about Harper and what she gets up to!

Thank you so much
- Jas🫶🏻

                                                       Word Count: 774