Ch 2: Marry Me, Ari

"I'm heading into town for some errands, anyone need anything?" Ariemis asked as her four younger siblings (two boys and two girls) shook their heads while her father slept in his chair, following a meeting with some of the advisors from different clans and tribes with their chatter boring him to sleep, but allowing Ari to escape for a breath of fresh air by herself which hadn't been allowed since her return home. "See you guys in a bit, I'll pick something up for mom too." She ran out of their little hideaway in her black animal form with a basket around her neck, changing when she arrived at the human run market to pick up a few items until running into the main character of the original world (according to canon tcof), Choi Han who had been with Rose and Raon who had been informed by Cale about her. "Lady Ariemis? Cale-nim told us about you, could you come with us-"

The former employee of Cale bolted away from the adventuring trio with her genetically enhanced speed (She's a wolf beast from the head royal clan), being chased by Choi Han who was barely able to keep up despite his greater experience at having trained and fought, only catching up to Ari when she tripped and then transformed into her wolf form out of surprise. "....*whine*.....don't take me back...." she groaned in annoyance when Rosalyn (she calls her Rose) put her in a magic enchanted crate, forcefully bringing her to the Henituse territory where she was left alone in a large room with maids attending to her as if she was an important guest, carefully grooming her ears after she transformed back into a human.

"Master will see you in a moment, Lady Ariemis. He has requested you join him for lunch." Kiriam (her former friend and coworker) responded to her confusion immediately, the other maids glaring in envy due to wanting to get close to the only woman who was able to tame their boss, who hadn't been sober since she left the estate a few years ago. "Follow me please." She led her down a hallway but halfway through had stopped, "I'm so glad you came back....Arie...he became such a train wreck after you left!!!....." Kiriam proceeded to blabber on about Cale's descent into alcoholism after she left and became violent while drunk to the point of breaking things, nearly injuring Hans in one instance but was luckily stopped by Ron and his son who while not particularly liking Hans, did not feel the need to see him injured either.

Her long black dress with a sweetheart neckline flattered her collarbone as she walked in and curtsied, "Greetings to the young master of the Henituse family, Cale Henituse." She glanced up as he blushed when seeing her true appearance without her disguised ears,

" She glanced up as he blushed when seeing her true appearance without her disguised ears,

"It has been quite a while Artemis. I assume you can gather that I've figured out who you are?"

A small nod was all he received in response as he walked up to her with a smile that seemed to outwardly be a smirk, "Then, may I take your hand Artemis?" She slowly raised her right hand in confusion as he went down on one knee and had Beacrox handed him a ring, sliding it on her finger as she was in silent shock from the turn of events, "I suppose I should've corrected myself," he gave a smile, "May I take your hand in marriage, Lady Ariemis Lauflayer Baschulert?" She gave a shocked look while simply responding, "...Huh...?.."
---------------------------------------------------------
A Few Minutes Later
---------------------------------------------------------

"How did you know that I needed to be married in the first place? My family's territory is incredibly hard to have spies in because, my dad gets rid of them the moment he realizes they're spying and my sisters and I." Cale gave me a rather amused look while saying, "Choi Han sent me a letter before he ever set foot in your territory about an announcement for a marriage candidate for the Baschulert Royalty of the Magical Beasts." He added just to be cheeky, "It was just a stretch when he told me the painting was of you. But I guess it worked out." A growl left me as Raon who had been in the room explained to Cale after Beacrox left, "She angry because wolves mate for life and I don't think she's ever thought that way about you master."

"It's not just that," hand on my forehead I groaned out, "Whoever I marry has to have enough guts and power to be willing to challenge the imperial family with the backing of my family and all the beasts clans." Glancing at him with a worried gaze I responded to his silence, "Are you sure you're up for that, young master?" Cale...err Rok-Soo gave a nod in return for some reason and with my help had gotten off the floor and decided to have me meet his parents, and my former bosses, Deruth and Violan Henituse. "Why did you bring back a former employee, Cale?" My former master's question made the air chill as Violan glanced at my ears with a repressed look, probably wanting to pet them like everyone else because of how fuzzy they were. Cale stepped forward for me and told his father, "Artemis isn't a former servant, father. She's my lover and the person I want to marry."

Heat practically dominated my face as Cale explained to them, "She's the oldest daughter of the King of Magical Beasts, Ordaelus Whai Baschulert. And I intend to marry her." His parents seemed to pause for a bit but eventually his father told us, "I approve of this marriage as does Violan, you shall bring her with to the meeting of representatives to announce your engagement."

Cale gave me the happiest look ever and we left the room with only myself feeling frazzled and confused, "What just happened?"
---------------------------------------------------------
Village on the way to the Capital [Four days later]
---------------------------------------------------------

"Who might you be, lady?" The man in a white suit who didn't even try to hide his psychopath personality had eyed the woman next to Cale with great interest, she nodded while calmly responding with her hair in its signature hairbuns, "My name is Ariemis Lauflayer, Sir Venion. I am Cale's fiance."
---------------------------------------------------------
Swipe up or tap below for more!
---------------------------------------------------------

Whoop whoop whoop!

- Grace.