Ch 4: Such a Lowly Woman

"Who is that woman beside the trash of the Henituse family?"

"She's a beast person? How disgraceful to appear in the capital after they betrayed the imperial family!"

"She is the oldest child of the Baschulert Royal family, fight? She looks exactly like her vixen mother..."

"Why would such a woman show herself here, much less marry the trash of the Henituse family?"

Cale placed his hand on my shoulder as we walked in and the gossip along with the whispers kept coming to my ears, helping me to the spot we had at the table where we'd be discussing matters with the power of money and who's desire was greater than the other, two things the manipulative crown prince despised because he felt it undermined the good he tried to bring to the empire. 'He's the only one I see value in among the Roan royalty. Though his way of manipulating people could be a bit less beating around the bush like.' Looking around at the other nobles in their colorful outfits which contrasted against my black and gold dress,

' Looking around at the other nobles in their colorful outfits which contrasted against my black and gold dress,

"It's so stifling in here." A whisper from under my breath came and made Cale chuckle as the judgemental stares from other nobles became less annoying, 'Pretending to marry him has its perks I guess.'

"Lady Baschulert? My name is Amirel, I am an acquaintance of your fiance." A smile rose to my face when remembering what Cale would do for her while securing the power that crazy beast didn't need, "It's a pleasure to meet you, lady Amirel. You're quite pretty." She blushed after seeing me smile as did most of the men in the room, even Neo Tolz who showed me despise was warmed by just a smile, though that was because of the magic I possessed as Ariemis. The magic of charm and the ability to become a mage despite being a beast person, which drove the original Ariemis mad from having something special about her because she wanted to live peacefully and alone, the same as her mother who ended up marrying Ordaelus despite being a hybrid wolf fox beastman.

Miraculously, all of her siblings including herself had been born as pure wolf blooded royals, as if all traces of their mother were eliminated when they were born. Ordaelus never talking about mother for a while more so after the real Ariemis's death in the original, because despite being a pure wolf and having the right to succeed him and her siblings, Ariemis looked shockingly identical to her mother who was (more specifically) a silver fox and gray wolf hybrid who had black hair and strawberry red eyes. "My looks hardly compare to yours, my lady. But I appreciate your kindness and sincerity."

"You're okay, kid. I'll protect you from him." My whisper made the kid on Cale's lap pout with a frown since he couldn't hurt Venion in such a public place, but I think he appreciated my words since he leaned more onto me as Venion briefly greeted Cale them gave a disgusting glance of jealousy, aimed at Cale and me because just like the original story...Venion had a fetish for collecting and breaking magical beasts and magical beastmen. There was even a section in the original which was almost omitted because of a torture scene involving both the dragon and Raon, who had been captured by Venion on orders from his benefactor that provided the ddagon, it was so graphic too....gross. "May I her you with something, young master Venion?"