[chapter two]

◢ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ◤

LORINDA TRIED TO PAY ATTENTION AS PERCY RENCOUNTERED HIS ADVENTURE WITH FRANK AND HAZEL.

Percy talked about how they'd traveled to Alaska, how they'd defeated the giant, free death, and returned their long-lost eagle to repel an attack by the giants' army.

Jason had whistled appreciatively when Percy had finished, then told him "no wonder that made you praetor."

But Lorinda knew Jason too well that he was jealous.

She dusted the non-existent dust off her armor.

Octavian, who apparently thought that people forgot about his presence cried, "Which means we now have three praetors! The rules clearly state we can only have two!"

You just envy them since you'll never get to be praetor she thought with a roll of her eyes.

"On the bright side," Percy said, "both Jason and I outrank you, Octavian. So we can both tell you to shut up. And I'm pretty sure Lorinda there would help us with that."

Octavian turned as purple as a Roman T-shirt. Jason gave Percy a fist bump.

But Lorinda didn't give any reaction to that. Her face was stony and stern.

"We'll have to figure out the extra praetor problem later," Reyna cut in, "right now we have more serious issues to deal with."

"I'll step aside for Jason," Percy said easily, "it's no biggie."

"Percy," Lorinda snapped, speaking for the first time the Greeks have arrived.

All attention turned to her, but she didn't mind. After all, she was used to the attention.

"What?" Percy protested.

Lorinda scowled why was Percy giving up such power without a proper fight or proper voting? Didn't he know how many people would have done anything to rise to the praetor position?

Annabeth, sensing tension in the room, cleared her throat.

"We should talk about the Great Prophecy. It sounds like the Romans are aware of it too?"

Reyna nodded, "we call it the Property of Eight. Octavian, recite it, please. In English not Latin."

Octavian looked like a red tomato from frustration, but he sighed. "Eight half-bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire the world shall fall.

"An oath to keep with a final breath," Annabeth continued, "and foes bear arms to the Doors of Death."

Lorinda shrugged while the others stared at Annabeth Chase. Her legs were itching to run away from this place. As far away from Jason Grace as she could. To avoid embarrassing herself. But she stayed put, like what her mother would have wanted her to.

Or at least what she thinks her mother would.

Frank Zhang shuffled and asked, "Is it true, you're a child of Min-I mean, Athena."

"Why yes of course," Lorinda snapped, before Annabeth could say anything, "I am pretty sure she knows herself better than you do."

She didn't know why she was in such a snappy mood, and why she snapped at Frank.