[chapter three]

◢ 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 ◤

EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL JASON GOT HIT JUST ABOVE THE EYE WITH A BRICK.

"JASON," Lorinda screamed, in spite of herself. And being very pathetic, she abandoned Annabeth and Percy and ran toward Jason and Piper.

The crowd surged forward, now that Jason was unconscious. Piper was trying to charmspeak (from what Lorinda had learned from Reyna) the mob. It was impressive, but the effect wouldn't last very long.

The Roman demigods surrounding her were calling her a "traitor." But fighting down her grimace, she kept running.

She glanced at the sky to see a huge dragon with rough grey skin and leathery bat wings, lunging toward them.

It was probably Frank. Probably.

Even if it was, Lorinda doubted that he would get there in time with the demigods surrounding Piper awakening from their daze.

"Back off," Lorinda seethed, holding out her arms protectively and facing her fellow campers.

They hesitated.

One does not simply lose respect once they earned it.

Then Octavian appeared and screeched, "kill Lorinda Richardson, kill that traitor of Rome!"

Which only made the legionaries in front of her even more confused.

But the confusion wouldn't last long, because soon, Octavian would be having the upper hand.

"Now would be a great time, Centurion Zhang," she muttered. She definitely did not like having an arm-wrestling contest with her family in the first.

And that was when she felt a claw grabbing her by her cloak and lunging her into the sky.

"What happened? Speak quickly before I run you over with my sword."

Lorinda was not having the best time in her life.

First Jason Grace had come back with a new girlfriend. Then Leo had fired at her home. Then Frank had lifted her onto this ship without her permission. She wasn't happy, to say the least.

Leo slumped against the mass, looking tired as he eyed Lorinda's piercing gaze carefully.

"I don't know. It's fuzzy," he muttered choking back a sob.

Lorinda pitted the boy. But just a little. But the angry side of her was taking 70% control.

"Well I'm sorry but fuzzy does not make it. And do I have to remind you that you've just fired at my home and at my cohort? Now explain once again what the heck happened."

Annabeth tried to put a hand on Lorinda's left shoulder, but she flinched away, high on alert.

You are surrounded by enemies a small voice spoke in her head. Lorinda shut her eyes

Annabeth looked a little started by her reaction but decided to drop it.

"You mean you don't remember?" Annabeth said in a much calmer tone.

"I...I remember, but it's like I was watching myself do things. I couldn't control it. I men...I didn't want to, but at the same time, I felt like I wanted. There was this cold feeling—"

"A cold feeling?" Lorinda and Annabeth inquired at the same time. The words had made Lorinda snap her eyes open again.

Annabeth glanced at her, but she ignore the older woman.