3. Here

Cora:

I woke up, and Elizabeth's bed was untouched. It was Saturday. Why did she wake up so early?

I looked through the window, everyone was in the Quidditch pitch.

Quidditch... I grimaced. It reminded me of Erik.

I dressed and went down to eat something. Then, I thought... Why not seeing the game?

When I arrived, everyone was on the stands, cheering.
-AND CHARLIE WEASLEY CATCHES THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!

Great. I missed it.
-Hi! - Someone spoke behind me. - How are you?

I rolled my eyes. Couldn't he realise that I was ignoring him? I turned to look at Cedric, who had his typical smile.
-Fine. - I walked away.

I had nothing to do, so why not spending the whole day in my common room, reading?
-Where are you heading? - He asked, following me.

-To the common room. - I didn't look back at him. - Alone.

-I can go with you. - He suggested.

Didn't he get the hints? I sighed. You can't yell at him, Cora... He was being nice to you.

-You know what? Wait here. - I told him. - I'll go grab my book.

I saw how an older boy was standing by the door.
-Finally. I've been waiting for ten minutes. - He chuckled. - You're new here, right?

I nodded before listening to the riddle.

I'm not alive, but I do grow. I need oxygen to live, but I don't have lungs. And, even though I don't have a mouth, the water kills me. What am I?

The guy looked at me while I was thinking... "The water kills me and I need oxygen"...
-Fire. - I answered.

The door opened.
-Thanks... - He asked for my name.

-Cora. - I responded.

-Thank you, Cora! - He went up to his bedroom.

I grabbed my book and got out of the common room.
-I admire your House, you know? All those riddles... What happens if you're too sleepy one day? Or don't know the answer? - Cedric seemed excited every time he spoke.

-You have to wait until someone else comes. - I looked down.

-Fascinating. In Hufflepuff, they let out some kind of gas... Like a skunk. Genius, eh? - He commented.

-Cedric, you said you'd come with me. There's no need to talk... But why are you here with me, anyway? - I looked up at him.

-Because we're friends, right? Besides, I can see you need one. - He smiled. - I don't you're evil. You just... need someone to help you open up. I can be that friend.

Narrator:

Cora didn't know how to react to what Cedric had just said. Everone always thought she was someone bitter and selfish, who only focused on herself and didn't care about the others.

She held her book against her chest and looked at the boy. Cedric frowned. He thought she'd take it in a better way.

-You and I are not friends. I don't need anybody, and this is how I am. - The girl left and ran away.

She felt like an idiot. The first person that wanted to befriend her, and she messed up already. Simply amazing. You are a bad person. Cora thought.

However, Cedric stared at the direction she went.
-Cedric! You coming?! - One of his friends called.

The boy approached him, thinking about what that curious first year said, before playing with his friends.

Cora:

I found myself reading calmly in the library. This was the only place besides my bedroom where there was no noise.
-Cora?

I heard my name, but didn't look up. I could care who it was.

I felt how they snatched my book  away.
-Hey! I was reading that! - I complained.

It was Elizabeth. She was arching an eyebrow and had a serious expression.
-Why are you like that? - I frowned. - I don't even know me and you already hate me.

I sighed and looked away.
-I don't hate you. It's not you. Can I have my book back?

-If you keep behaving that way, you won't have any friends. - She returned my book.

-And who wants them? - I retorted.

I stood up, and decided that nobody was going to disturb me in my bedroom. But then, I remembered I shared room with Elizabeth.

I was just walking until I ran into a restroom on the upper floor. Perfect.

Narrator:

-Fred, what do you thinking you're doing? - The youngest redheaded twin asked.

Both brother have been observing the girl for some time. They followed her to the bathroom, but decided not to enter. It'd be bad manners. Suddenly, they heard sobs.

Fred and George looked at each other, both confused. They placed their ears tn the wall to hear what Cora was saying.
-Why aren't you here? I need you, Erik...

-Erik? - Fred whispered. - Who's that? - His brother shrugged.

-Why are you here, child? - Moaning Myrtle, a ghost that ghosted that bathroom, asked.

-Not your business. - Cora wiped her tears.

-Fred... I don't think we should make the prank. - George said, watching how the girl tried to stop her tears.

The oldest twin was only watching the scene.
-Come on, we should help her. - George had the intention of comforting her.

Cora:

Suddenly, I heard how someone was approaching, so I immediately gathered my stuff to leave.
-It's okay. It's me, George. - I turned around. George was in front of me.

-Sorry, I was already leaving. - I tried to escape.

-Are you okay? You can tell me. - He blocked the way.

I looked him in the eyes, and he began to get nervous. I looked down.
-Yes. And if I wasn't, I wouldn't have to tell you.

-But we're friends, right? - Again with the same bullshit. Couldn't anyone understand that I'm an bad person and don't want or need any help?

-Excuse me. - I left that place. I didn't want to speak because I'd screw up. Something told me not to.

Narrator:

What Cora did not know, was that Cedric had been observing her just like the twins. He wanted to know more about, and help her.

-Who's Erik? - He asked himself, entering the Hufflepuff common room.