CHAPTER 12

"Saan gora mo?"

"May bibilhin lang," I lied.

Maeve called with the camera on so she could see my face while getting ready for later. I also had to lie to Maeve because I didn't want anyone to know that Kiel and I were going out. I just don't want anyone to think differently about us because we are really just friends. Advance na talaga ako mag-isip at nag-iingat lang.

"Saan? Ano'ng bibilhin mo? Sama ako,"

Napatingin kaagad ako sa phone ko na nakapatong sa gilid para makita ang mukha ko. "'Wag na! I'll buy lang naman, 'wag ka nang sumama." Pagtanggi ko kaagad sa sinabi niya. For sure ay magtataka si Maeve kung bakit ganoon ang sinagot ko sa kaniya. Because before, when I would go out alone and talk to Maeve, when she found out she would go with me right away and I would agree right away. But now, I just refused. "I'll date myself today kasi kaya ayoko ng kasama. 'Wag ka na magtampo," I joked.

"OMG, kailan ka pa natuto i-date ang sarili mo?"

"Secret," I answered while blowing my hair to dry. We left the topic of where I was going and she just told me something about the event she went to. Maeve said that there was a photo spread with the famous vlogger's husband, then the third party was also there, so there was a fight. Now, the only news she has is that there are ongoing filing of cases. Ang alam din daw niya ay sa Vienaiaz Law Group kumuha ng lawyer 'yung legal wife. The third party is said to be the braver and even hit the legal wife.

Why is it that third parties are always brave? I have seen that many times, you know. Sila 'yung matatapang and they will act as if they're the legal wife! Palagi lang ako nakakakita nang ganoon kapag nasa company ako, I don't really think about the problems of other families, I just see them. Like in January, there was a fight in front of the company building just because of one man. Good thing no one got hurt.

Maeve just kept talking while I was listening to what she was talking about. After I showered and got dressed, she called, so I was talking to her the whole time I was getting ready. Miss na niya siguro ako? She has one more story. As for Euan and his teammates in basketball, there were angry with each other after the pre-season due to losing a game. Then they also had a fight this morning because Euan didn't reply to Maeve all night. Kaya naman kinakausap ako ni Maeve ngayon nang ilang oras na dahil hindi sila nag-uusap ni Euan.

I just laughed at her because of that, halata nga na galit pa rin siya tungkol doon. I looked at my phone screen again and it looked like she was lying on her bed with her head resting on the headboard of the bed.

"'Di mo ba talaga ako isasama?" mukhang paiyak na siya dahil sa tanong na iyon. Umiling ako kaya minura niya ako. "'Wag mo talaga ipakita 'yang mukha mo sa akin, Nadeleine... Ay, may chika pa pala ako. You remember Kiel?"

Bumalik ang tingin ko sa phone. "Yeah, what about him?" I asked, already excited about what Maeve has to say.

"Sayang, bet ko naman siya for you pero may girlfriend na raw. I have a friend kasi from UST, nagtanong ako sa kaniya before kung may kilala siyang Kiel tapos inisa-isa niya 'yung mga Kiel na kilala niya, edi I checked their IGs 'di ba. Sabi ko, oh, it's him, ano nga ba name no'n sa Instagram? Ralkie? Basta! Then kahapon, she messaged me. She said she saw Kiel eating with someone at the Pancake House in the carpark yesterday at UST, 'yon. Sayang talaga!" That's what I'm saying, eh. Mayroon lang talagang makakita na mayroong magkasama, iisipin na kaagad na may relasyon kayo.

"Don't mind his life, Maeve. Anyways, I'll hang up na. Aalis na 'ko," I took my phone. She also said goodbye because she said she had something else to do. May gagawin din naman pala siya pero hindi pa nagpaalam kanina. I checked if Kiel had a chat on messenger and he did, I haven't replied to him in almost an hour. His last chat was that he was on his way and there was nothing after that. Kagabi ko lang din siya in-add sa facebook, nang-asar pa nga siya dahil nakita niya 'yung mga old pictures ko. Dapat nga ia-unfriend ko na rin siya kaagad pero wala naman akong kausap kaya hindi ko na tinuloy.