first kiss

~ posted from my tumblr ~

🕸️🕸️🕸️

"Ugh! Why do you have to be so difficult!" You screamed at your math homework, practically throwing it across the room. You needed a break, so you decided sit on your balcony and get some fresh air.

You watched the city below you, your mind slowly calming down from the stress of your homework. You then saw a red and blue streak, swinging through the city. You smiled, recognizing the streak as Spider-Man. He had been around for almost a two years now. A while back he had disappeared, but he returned and continued to save the city.

Spider-Man had now disappeared into an alleyway and your gaze landed on the Empire State Building, it was beautiful and you loved living in New York.

Breaking you out of your day dreams, your phone started to ring from inside your bedroom, where your messy university homework laid. You went back inside and picked up your phone.

You smiled at the caller ID, "Hello Peter," you said, running a hand through your hair and putting your right hand in the back pocket of your jeans.

"Hey, I'll be over in a few minutes to study. I had to run a couple errands..." he trailed off, vaguely. You looked at your homework and then at yourself in the mirror, "Oh it's fine, I was taking a break anyway," you replied. He chucked, "Okay, see you in five," he said, then hanging up.

You looked down at your phone, the picture of Peter you had taken in Central Park was your wallpaper. You blushed seeing his smiling face. Peter Parker was your best friend and your crush, but you know he didn't feel the same way. Not only had he lost someone romantically close to him last year but you probably weren't even his type.

In Peters eyes, you were exactly his type. He wanted to be more than just friends but he knew that some of his enemies knew who he really was, if they saw him getting close to someone he really cared about they could be a target. He didn't want you to get hurt so he never asked you out or revealed his feelings. This was extremely hard for him to do, because you were so close, you always studied together.

Peter was mesmerized by you when you would study. The way you would chew on the top of your pen or pencil. The way you ran your hand through your hair when you were really concentrating. He loved everything about you and wanted so desperately to have you in his arms. But he needed to keep you safe, even if he knew you would never feel the same.

Peter had arrived just in time. You moved your homework to your kitchen table and made you and Peter each a glass of iced tea. Handing him the glass he mumbled a thank you. "So what question are you on?" Peter asked, looking next to you to see your paper. "Question five," you huffed, the stress of the math problem coming back to you.

"Oh this is easy, you just have to find out how they got 243," Peter explained. You looked at the problem again and it all became clear.

"Really, that's it? Oh my god, you do, how the hell did I not see that before," you laughed, taking your pencil and quickly solving the equation. Peter watched you as you worked out the problem, butterflies filled his stomach. You were absolutely adorable.

He giggled and you looked up, "What?" You asked, giggling yourself.

"Nothing," Peter shrugged off.