dangerous mission

~ posted from my tumblr ~

🕸️🕸️🕸️

You didn't know how you were going to do it but you needed to get an interview with the one and only Spider-Man. You were a journalist for the New York Times and your boss assigned you to write the first article at the newspaper about Spider-Man.

You knew that one of the newspaper's photographers, Peter Parker, was the one to take the first clear photo of the super hero. So he was your first lead.

"Peter!" You exclaimed, entering the dark room. He jumped, not expecting to see you. "Hey, Y/n. What's up?" He asked, turning to you.

"You know Spider-Man right?" You asked, curiously. Peter looked at little nervous, then composing himself. "Uh...I just take his picture, though," he said. You nodded, "Well I need an interview with him, the next time you photograph him will you tell him I need to talk to him," you said.

It was the best way you thought of to get that interview. Peter smiled at you, "Yeah...I'll see if I can catch him," he replied. You smiled back, "Thanks," you said, then turning around and walking back into the news room.

Later that night on Peter's rounds through the city, he stopped at the balcony of your apartment. He was dressed as Spider-Man (of course) and was a little nervous about the interview. He knew how smart you were and he didn't want you finding out who he really was.

You were sitting down to watch television, when you saw Spider-Man waiting on you balcony. You opened the sliding glass door, stepping out into the cold night air. "Peter sent you?" You asked. Spider-Man turned around to face you, smiling through his mask.

"Yes! Uh...yes..." he said in his usual voice then making it lower. You giggled at his actions, causing Peter's stomach to fill with butterflies. If it was anyone else, he wouldn't have done the interview but it was you and he really liked you.

"I wasn't really expecting you at this hour and I know this will be my only chance, so let me get my recorder and note book," you said, stepping back into your apartment. Spider-Man nodded, watching as you walked away.

"Be cool, Peter," he said to himself.

"You ready?" You asked, he nodded in response. "Okay," you replied, pressing play on your recorder.

"So you've gained a lot of popularity but also a lot of hate over the last two years, how do you feel about that?" You asked, looking down at your notepad and then looking up.

"I think I help the city. I like to protect innocent people from criminals. I do feel pretty bad about the damage, but other than that, I'm thankful to have positive...feedback," he said, still trying to cover his voice with a lower tone.

You nodded, making some notes. "Your identity is clearly a secret, are there people out there who know who you really are?" You asked.

Spider-Man thought about losing Gwen and then he thought about Harry Osborn, who seemed to be a threat every so often. He rubbed the back of his neck, "There have been in the past, but it's hurt the people I care about so not anymore," he replied, this time the fake low voice fading away.

You sympathized with him, wondering who he had lost in the past. "I'm sorry about that," you said. There was a moment of silence and you looked at the mask figure, he seemed so familiar to you. "What about your love life, is there special girl or guy?" You asked.

You felt odd asking the question but it was one of the questions the newspaper wanted answered. "Sorry, it's one of the questions on the paper," you said after.

Spider-Man smiled through his mask, you could tell, "No, no it's fine. No, there isn't anyone special like that in my life," he replied.

The interview went on and eventually he answered all of your questions. "Thank you," you said, turning and going back into your apartment. "No problem, Miss," he replied. When he said that the voice sounded so familiar and it was like you knew him from somewhere.

That night you weren't able to sleep and stayed up on your computer. Not only did you write and finish the article but your deep dived into Spider-Man's past.

Headline:
"GWEN STACY DIES AT 19,       COMPILATIONS WITH SPIDER-MAN AND HARRY OSBORN"

You then scrolled to the Midtown High School directory and pictures of the Midtown Graduating Class from two years ago. You saw the one and only Peter Parker sitting next to Gwen Stacy in a photo from prom. The two looked happy, really and genuinely in love.

That was when your realized Peter Parker was Spider-Man.

It all made sense, he would be able to take pictures of himself. You asked Peter about Spider-Man and then he shows up. The next day at work you went to the dark room, only to find one of the interns instead of Peter.

He wasn't at work, so you looked at the newsroom police blotter to see if any crime was happening in the city. Bingo, you thought!

You left the office, leaving your article at your bosses desk. "I'm taking an early lunch," you said, then walking out to the street.

Walking you saw Spider-Man swinging through the buildings of New York. He had successfully captured the bank robbers, then swinging away from the police. You followed in his direction and to your luck he landed in an alleyway.

Hiding behind a dumpster you saw Spider-Man take of his mask, revealing the shy photographer you worked with. You smiled as you knew it was him and a warm feeling filled your stomach. He then swung away and you headed back to the office.

When you returned to the newspaper office, you went to the dark room. Peter was there and you greeted him, "Hey," you said, casually. "Hi," he said, putting down a photo he had just developed. "So Spider-Man came to see me last night and I wanted to thank you for talking to him," you said.

Peter got nervous and you thought it was adorable. "Yeah, um he wanted to help you," he replied. You didn't know if you should tell him that you knew he was Spider-Man or not. He was one of your best friends and you always felt that he liked you, just as you liked him.

"Peter?" You asked. He looked at you and he got lost in your eyes.

"Yes?" He asked. "How do you feel about Spider-Man saving the city?" You asked. "Uh he protects innocent people from criminals. He's helpful," he replied, a little confused why you had asked him that.

"Thanks for the...feedback," you said, smiling and then turning away to the door. Peter then knew that you knew and webbed you to him in a moment of impulse.

You looked up at him and butterflies filled your stomach at how close he was to you. "You know," he said under his breath. "If I didn't before, I do now," you replied. He let out a breath of playfully disbelief.

"It's dangerous for you to know," he said. "I don't care," you replied, simply. The chemistry between the two of you was unbearable as you then both leaned into kiss the other.

🕸️🕸️🕸️