I'll Miss My Mama, (But I'm Glad You Came)

TW: First-Time Regression, Overworking Oneself, Feelings Of Guilt (mild), Intrusive Thoughts (thinking he's a brat), Panic Attacks, Thumb-Sucking, Grief, Family Cutting Off Contact With Another, Vomitting, Holding One's Breath (unconsciously), Pull-Ups (not used, just in case since the age range was vague), Sudden Tickles (it made him giggly, and CG stopped when it started to hurt and apologized).

Let me know if I need to add more!

Summary: Sam's mother passed away and a rude letter from his brother causes him to regress for the first time. Luckily, Techno is there to help him.

_____________________________________

Sam’s life had become a routine. A never-ending cycle of predictive actions. He would wake up in his bed located in the prison, feed Fran and get right to filing down paperwork.

As much as he’d hate to admit it, he needed to take a break. His entire life has been revolving around his job for too long.

Working at Pandora’s Vault was an important and risky job.

It required most or all of his time. He gave up any free time he once had to do the numbing work day in and day out. Hell, he’d even sleep in the prison!

Calling Bad to cover today’s work for him gave him the time he needed to wind down. The Demon was more than glad to take his shift, noticing the signs of the poor Creeper overworking himself.

The dark eye bags slumped shoulders, barely able to keep his eyes open, it was plain as day.

As he went to leave, Bad had stopped him saying he wanted to have a small talk.

“Sam, I am glad you called in. You need to take breaks more often. Your health comes before the prison, always. I want you to be okay…” the hooded figure punctuated his words with a firm hug.

Something about the way he said it made him feel warm and floaty inside. It had been a while since someone showed him that they cared, wasn't it?

Brushing it off, Sam responded with a nod. Words did not seem too trustworthy right now.

Walking Fran on a leash, he began to make the journey to his house.

Grass started growing through the trail, due to nobody accessing it for prolonged periods. He felt nostalgic about all the trees.
It reminded him of home.

When he was a kid, he would explore the woods in the backyard with his older brother.

His mom had always warned him to be careful out there, saying about how mobs will eat them alive. They followed her orders, scared out of their minds at the thought of dying.

He missed his family. He had moved to the DreamSMP in hopes of making more money, finding a new place to live. It has been years since he has seen them. They stayed close though, sending letters and pictures back and forth.

Whenever he noticed he was approaching his door, he snapped out of his thoughts.

Checking his mailbox, he discovered four or five letters. It was a lot of time that must have passed by, considering how long it takes for each to be shipped.

That was strange. He could have sworn he had asked for all letters to be sent to the prison. Did they forget he changed his address?

Fumbling in his pants pockets, he unlocked the door with his house key. It was dark and desolate with an air of familiarity. It still smelled like pine trees after all this time.

With Fran’s leash taken off, he sat on an old couch and began to read the letters one by one. It was hard to put them in order, but he started by the dates labelled at the corner of the mail.