Chapter 1-The Room Of Requirement

There were many strange people in the wizarding world. Wizards and witches able to turn into other animals and werewolves. But recently, sometime in the last 1,000 years, another type of wizard came along. Peculiars. They ended up complicating everything. They were just like other wizards but had odd abilities others did not. Peculiars were most commonly muggle born, very few being half blood, and even fewer being pure blood.

They were often prosecuted and shunned from both muggle and wizard society. Some could hide, others could not. They were new and they were to be feared, or so the Ministry says. But at Hogwarts, they're accepted. Dumbledore accepts everyone. A few teachers were peculiar, though very few students were aware of that.

The head of Gryffindor, Minerva McGonagall, has the ability to turn into a cat. It was recently discovered that an animagus was just another type of peculiar. And the head of Ravenclaw, Alma Peregrine, could turn into a peregrine falcon and manipulate time. These two being good friends as the only two peculiar professors.

There were peculiar students as well of course, though most of them hid their abilities. Like Enoch O'Connor and Abe Portman. However some students couldn't hide these odd things about them. Such as Millard Nullings and Hugh Apiston.

Both Professor McGonagall and Professor Peregrine did their best to look out for the peculiar students, though sometimes it proved difficult.

"Look at the brute freak. She's as horrid as her brother." Draco Malfoy, a year seven, taunted  a new student, Bronwyn Bruntly.

"Lay off Malfoy, she's new." Enoch grabbed a book he'd taken from the girl and handed it back to her.

"What? Got a soft spot for Gryffindors now? Or just filthy peculiars? This thing is a mudblood you know." Malfoy sneered.

"So?" Enoch looked unbothered.

"So?!" Malfoy yelled back. "You're a pureblood, non-peculiar wizard and you still don't see a reason to hate those freaks?"

"I don't see a reason, no. They're just like us. I think you're just jealous you don't have a special talent like Bruntly's." Enoch shrugged off Malfoy's hate filled comments.

"Draco Malfoy." McGonagall strutted down the hall. "I'd like to see you in my office." She glares at the boy as he groaned, then turned to Enoch and Bronwyn. "Enoch O'Connor and Bronwyn Bruntly, you're due in Professor Peregrine's office. The two nodded and walked off.

When they arrived a large group was already in the office. They were only waiting for a few more. Soon business began. "So Enoch, I'm aware of what you did earlier." Professor P smiled. "Ten points to Slytherin." He gave her a small smile back then looked around the room. Once a week all the peculiars in the school would meet in Professor Peregrine's office, just to talk. Though there were very few peculiars in the building.

Enoch O'Connor. Year 7 in Slytherin. Pureblood with a necromancy peculiarity.

Abraham Portman. Year 7 in Gryffindor. Mudblood with a peculiarity allowing him to see the memories of others.

Olive Elephanta. Year 7 in Gryffindor. Halfblood with constant fire in her hands.

Emma Bloom. Year 7 in Ravenclaw. Mudblood with the peculiar talent of being lighter than air.

Horace Somnusson. Year 6 in Ravenclaw. Halfblood able to project sometimes prophetic dreams. Has a younger sister by the name of Claire.

Victor Bruntly. Year 6 in Gryffindor. Mudblood with super strength. Bronwyn's older brother.

Millard Nullings. Year 5 in Ravenclaw. Halfblood that is invisible. Has two younger brothers referred to as 'the twins'.

Hugh Apiston. Year 4 in Gryffindor. Pureblood with bees living inside him.