3♡

~*~

It was another, normal evening. Sunwoo went out shopping because their fridge was almost empty - except Sunwoo's energetic drinks and Haknyeon's blood bags. He made a quick trip to the nearby store to buy the most important things and was back in the dorm just after a few minutes. 

The room was quiet when he entered but he didn't mind. Haknyeon was probably in their room watching something on his phone so Sunwoo just went straight to their small kitchen. He put down the bags on the table and started taking out the Ramen and vegetables. He washed them up in the sink and when he opened the fridge to hide them he stopped, confused.

Half an hour earlier the fridge was packed with blood bags Hyunjae gave them earlier, it was supposed to last for the next two days but now the fridge was empty. There was no sign of the blood bags, it looked like they were never there in the first place.

Sunwoo frowned. 

"Hyung? Did you take all the blood bags?" He asked hoping to hear an answer from the older but none answered him. He only heard a loud bang coming from their shared room and he froze in his tracks. "Hyung, is everything okay?" 

But still, silence.

With fastly beating heart Sunwoo slowly made his way toward the door. It was unusual for Haknyeon to be that quiet. The last few weeks he was all over the place, hugging Sunwoo the first second he trespassed the door. But that evening, nothing.

He raised an eyebrow when Haknyeon still didn't answer. He heard some noises from the inside and bit his lip. He had no idea what to do. Haknyeon's behavior was suspicious and he was getting worried about the older but at the same time he didn't want to do anything that could possibly trigger the vampire. 

But when he heard another whimper coming from the other side he just opened the door with a bang.

And what he saw made him stop. It was like a deja vu. 

Haknyeon was sitting on his bed, empty and completely ripped blood bags scattered around him. His bed was colored red just like his eyes, shining brightly in the darkness of the room. He was sitting there, blood was splashed on his neck and hands probably from the way he gripped the blood bags. He was panting, hands fisting the blanket so hard his knuckles turned white. He looked scary.

"Go." Haknyeon whispered with a raspy voice. "Sunwoo, please go.." 

"Hyung, it's okay." Sunwoo said. But he didn't move. He was terrified, Haknyeon looked like he was on edge and he didn't want to make him do something. But he also didn't want to leave him alone. The pain was evident on older's face. His lips were parted, he was taking deep breaths. "I'm here, you're not alone. Everything is going to be okay." Sunwoo reassured but Haknyeon just shook his head.

"Go, please. Just run before I hurt you." He said. It was clear that he was struggling and Sunwoo's heart broke into pieces seeing him like that. "Sunwoo, go. I don't know if I can hold it any longer."

So Sunwoo contemplated for a second. He didn't want to leave the vampire alone but he knew that in the state Haknyeon was in, at that moment it could be too dangerous to stay. Blood was rushing in his veins and his heart was beating so fast that he could hear it. He was sure that Haknyeon could too, because the older whimpered and put his hands to his ears, fangs showing. He screamed in pain, his voice breaking the human's heart into pieces. But then all of sudden Haknyeon was quiet. Then he slowly raised his head and looked straight at Sunwoo.

His face stoic, blank, empty of all emotions.

It was all it took for Sunwoo to turn around and run towards the door.