The White Wolf

Black Rock City, New York, 18 October, 2020. Somewhere in the woods that night, two teenage couple were in their tent making out passionately as they held each other in their arms tightly. As they deepened their connection by melding their lips, they started to get undressed, shortly before they both heard a low growl that caused them to break away from their embrace nervously. The couple exchanged a nervous look before they both gazed at the exit.
     "What the hell was that?", the young woman asked, sounding nervous.
     "Wait here, I'll be right back honey", the young man said, boldly, as he grabbed one of the three electric lanterns in the tent, and then got outside to investigate.
     The young man stood outside the tent looking around cautiously but didn't see anything. Just as he turned to go back to the tent, he heard movements around him which makes him to spun back nervously only to found a young man in black obviously his age mate, standing a few feet away from him.
     "Are you lost or something?", the young man asked, gazing at the young man he could barely see clearly due to the night.
     "Who are you talking to, honey?", the young woman asked, loudly, still inside the tent.
     "A guy out here." The young man said, gazing at the young man in black that kept staring at him.
     The young woman without any hesitation got out of the tent to see for herself. The young man in black vanished into the night thus, startling the couple greatly. Suddenly, they heard low growls near their tent that scared the living nighttime out of them. They exchanged a nervous look before they both looked around the woods cautiously, apparently ready for whatever it is, instead of running out of self preservation.
     "Should we call for back up?." The young woman asked, in a hurried tone.
     "Whatever it is, is messing with the wrong people." The young man said, boldly.
     On the spur of the moment, an enormous white humanoid creature with glowing yellow eyes, about eight feet tall lurched out of the night and attacks the couple before they could even react. The creature clawed at the young man viciously and continuously as he screams in agony for his girlfriend to flee which she did without a second thought. The creature violently slashed the young man's throat wide open; then looked at the direction the young woman went and roared angrily and loudly.
     The young woman sprinted through the vast woods as fast as she could possibly run, heading south, overwhelmed in terror of what attacked them. She thought about her boyfriend as tears fills her eyes, making her to glanced over her shoulder to see whether the creature or her boyfriend is behind her, but sees no one. Without warning, the enormous white creature appears several feet from her thus, forcing her to halt in her tracks in terror.
      The young woman looked around the vast woods frighteningly, while the enormous white creature stood there with two instead of all four. She have never seen or even heard of any creature as large and tall as the one facing her right now. With a gesture of her hands a glowing bright boundary appeared and covered her completely thus, protecting her from the creature. To her shock, the creature reverted back to a naked handsome young man with brown hair and forest green eyes.
     The handsome young man grinned impressively as he moved toward the sorceress protected by a magical glowing bright boundary. After stopping three inches away from the boundary, he reached out his left hand to touch it, but stopped and then smirked viciously at the sorceress who kept gazing at him coldly for killing her beloved boyfriend. He moves around the boundary for a moment, laughing menacingly, and then halts in his tracks.
     "Clever girl." The handsome young man said, in a chortle.
     "Who are you?." The sorceress asked, curiously.
     "Someone who doesn't give a damn about the five covens." The handsome young man said, with a vicious smirk.
     The sorceress gazed at the handsome young man for a moment, processing what he has said about not giving a damn about the five covens making the rules in the city for a thousand years since the purge. She realized he is not a fan of the covens at all and wondered why he came to the city in the first place.
     "Killing or assaulting a sorcerer here is a great crime. And you killed my boyfriend in cold blood. Here is the good news, I know what you looked like. So here is my advice to you, run if you know what running means." The sorceress said, boldly.
     The handsome young man laughed heartily, apparently impressed with the sorceress' guts and stupidity to talk trash at him, unaware of the monster she was dealing with. He would love to spare her pathetic life so she could tell the coven she belongs to that she has seen the true identity of the world's most terrifying, vicious and powerful supernatural being in existence. But unfortunately, he has a lot of work to do and has no time to toy with anyone. With a gesture of his left hand, he magically forged an ice spear thus, terrifying the sorceress.
     "Tell your coven that I am here for them." The handsome young man said, before he hurled the ice spear that penetrate the barrier and impaled the sorceress in her guts.
     The sorceress fell on her knees bleeding in excrutiating pain, shortly before the magical barrier she forged slowly waned. She gazed at the handsome young man smiling widely, as she wondered how he was able to use magic in the first place. She fell on her, feeling her life leaving her body and her world turning black gradually. She gazed at the stars in the sky just before the handsome young man stood over her.
     "What are you?.” The young woman asked, writhing in pain.
     The handsome young man stood over the sorceress with an ice spear sticking in her guts. He smirked viciously after she passed out before she could answer the call of her ancestors due to how her wound is bleeding very badly. With his supernatural senses he caught the scents of a group of humans from two miles away in vehicles heading his way. He took a deep breath before he took off heading east at a massive speed.
     The next day, a black range rover pulled over at the gate of Mystic High School, a private school for supernatural creatures, that is only seen as the school for rich people by humans. A handsome young man, Kane Edric, light in complexion, with brown hair and forest green eyes, got out of the car with his fancy backpack in hand. He stood there beside the car, grinning happily as students dressed in fancy clothes walked into the school on foot and on fancy vehicles. He has a feeling that he would like the school, make a lot of friends, meet the love of his life he always dream of and also be the best student of all times to come.
     "Don't even think about it, son." A voice said, with a sigh.
     Kane sighed heavily and then turned to his uncle whom has chosen this wonderful school for him where he could Learn great things about sorcery itself and also achieve his goal by becoming the most prominent and powerful sorcerer in the supernatural world. He chuckled as he wonders if his uncle could read people's minds now, because the last time he checked, no sorcerer in the world can do that.
     "You're here for a reason, so don't forget that reason." Kane's uncle Josef Edric said, with a sigh, before he got back inside the car and drove off.
     Kane stood there watching his uncle in a distance heading to his workplace kilometers away from the school. He sighed feeling a bit nervous that this is his first day at the school, before he walks past the gate and the two guards in blue suits, heading to one of the elegant buildings in the school premises.
     Kane was walking in a hallway heading to the principal's office, while looking around the large hallway as a total stranger. Suddenly, he bumps into two female students hard enough to threw off their textbooks. Instinctively, with a gesture of his hands he paused the falling textbooks from touching the floor, then put them back together and with another gesture, he gave each of the students their appropriate textbooks.
     The students passing by impressively smiled and cheered up Kane for performing telekinesis skillfully, unlike most of them whom were yet to learn it. The girls he bumped into just stood there, gaping at him impressively due to the fact, what he just did required decades of practice for a sorcerer to master it, but he performed it with such ease all of sudden.
     "Wow! You're amazing, dude." one of the girls named Elisha felix said, smiling, impressively.
     "Oh I'm so sorry. I was looking around and I didn't see you at all, I swear." Kane said, in a hurried tone, as he locked eyes with the girls with long black hair.
     "Or maybe you did it to impress your friends lurking around somewhere. It is kind of the bad habit of some of the boys around here", another girl named Emily Walter said, in a stern voice.
     "Oh no, I'm new here, I swear", Kane said, in a serious tone.
     "That doesn't make you innocent to that bad habit. A sophomore on his first day was caught rolling in the hay with a girl." The black hair girl said, in a stern voice.
     Kane's eyes opened wide apparently surprised and disappointed that boys of these days are so reckless and stupid. He wondered what the fate of the poor boy could possibly be, due to the fact, school management of this time doesn't tolerate such bad acts for a very good reason.
     "Did it happen here, in this school?”. Kane asked, curiously.
     "No, not here to be precise. It happened elsewere in a public school." The black hair girl said, with a sigh.
     "Hope you ain't like that, dude." The other girl with blonde hair said, playfully, as she smiles.
     "No, I'm a gentleman." Kane said, with a wide grin.
     "Good." Emily and Elisha said, in unison.
     "I'm Kane Edric by the way." Kane said, softly, as he extends his hand for a handshake.
     "Nice try, dude." Elisha said, in a chuckle, before she and her best friend took off leaving Kane dumbfounded.
     Emily Walter and the Elisha Felix were in the lockers corridor, keeping their textbooks in their lockers, when the school principal announced the students via the amplifiers planted all over the school, the death of one of their senior students Mike Spark whose body was found last night in the woods. The principal also informed the students about Ashley Woods whom was with Mike in the woods, whom was found still alive but wounded badly and was taken to the hospital. All the students in the corridor and within the school premises felt very bad and nervous, because things like that don't usually happen.
     "Oh my God." Emily said, feeling nervous.
     "What do you think happened to them in the woods?.” Elisha asked, curiously.
     Emily stood there facing her best friend as she wondered what could have happened to Ashley and Mike last night. She spotted her older brother Rex Walter with two of his werewolf friends Jason Jasper and Oliver Paul, standing at the exit of the corridor grieving their best friend's death.
     "Lets ask them." Emily said, softly, before dragging Elisha along by the arm towards Rex and the others.
     Rex saw his younger sister coming with his former lover whom broke up with him three months ago and stopped talking to him, because of his habit of going to clubs with other girls. He lowered his head as he caught her eyes staring at him with concern, despite what he has done to break her heart couple of times in the past. He doesn't know how to apologize to her because he felt she would never forgive him.
     All of a sudden, two other friends of Rex, Kelvin Leo and Kingsley Thomas whom went to the hospital to check on Ashley joined them in the corridor, shortly before Emily and Elisha finally arrives. Kelvin gestured them to come along and they did; he and Kingsley led Rex and the others into an empty classroom in one of the hallways.
     "What's going on guys?." Rex asked, curiously, looking at both Kingsley and Kelvin who seems weird.
     "We were just coming back from the hospital. It was very bad." Kelvin said, in a nervous tone.
     "Ashley is still unconscious. Mike was mauled to death." Kingsley said, in a hurried tone.
     "Wait a second, you guys knew this already and you didn't inform any of us about it." Jason said, in annoyance.
     "My Dad is a cardinal sorcerer, remember? I overheard him late in the night telling my mom about the attack." Kelvin said, seriously.
     "What happened?." Emily asked, curiously.
     "What attacked them?." Rex asked, looking at Kelvin.
     "They are still investigating. But I overheard that Mike got claw marks on his body and his throat was slashed from ear to ear." Kelvin said, with a sigh.
     "And what about Ashley?" Elisha asked, nervously.
     "This is where it gets weirder. She was impaled by an ice spear, according to the junkers that found her." Kingsley said, trying not to sound odd.
     Elisha and the others stood there processing what Kingsley has just said, that Ashley was impaled by an ice spear, and that doesn't make sense at all. Who on earth impale people with ice spears anyway? They thought to themselves.
     "Ice spear!." Oliver said, feeling puzzled.
     "Mike was clawed to death and Ashley impaled with an ice spear. It doesn't make sense at all", Emily said, thinking thoroughly.
     "Why would anyone want to hurt those two of all people in Black Rock city?", Jason asked, in a serious tone.
     On the spur of the moment, Kane barged into the classroom, startling Rex and the others. He stood there at the door gaping at them, but before they could make a comment, an alarm went off to alert all students to go to their classes for lectures. He quickly hurried out of the empty classroom, shortly before Emily and the rest followed suit.