The beginning of problems

Tom's POV

Tears swelled in my eyes as faces stared at me; I could only feel pain. The pain knocked me to the ground. 'What's going on? Who are these people? Who am I? Why are they staring at me?'

"Matt! That's the memory eraser gun! I don't have a way to reverse its effects yet!" A man in a red Hoodia yelled. "How much time did you erase?" He asked again. 

One in a purple hoodie and a green overcoat looked at the gun. "How do I tell?" He asked. I think his name is Matt. "Let me see!" The red hoodie snatched the gun from the purple hoodie. 

A moment of silence stood between the two. "Matt. You erased 22 years. He's only 27!" He yelled. "So he remembers 22 years of things?" Matt said with a smile. 

"He knows nothing! He has no memory! It's all empty!" The red one yelled, knocking his hand on my head. He sighed and looked at me with a bit of sadness.

No POV

Tears fell down Tom's face as Tord stared at him.  Matt, who had erased almost all his memory, felt no guilt, but he was too dumb to know what guilt is. 

"It hurts…” Tom mumbled to himself, looking down at the ground with a scared expression as pain infiltrated his body. There was a single part that didn’t hurt.

“What hurts?” Tord asked. Tord examined the gun, thinking that’s why Tom was in pain, but the gun wasn’t supposed to hurt, and it wasn’t the reason why Tom was in pain.

Tom crossed his arms, shivering. He squeezed his arms so tight that a warm reddish-purplish colored liquid oozed into the blue fabric. 

Tord's eyes widened at the sight. “Holy shit, Tom!” Tord exclaimed, running around to find the first aid kit. “Edd, where's the first aid kit?” Tord asked as he passed him in the kitchen.

“Tom should know; he had it last,” Edd said, looking at Tord. “Tom won’t know! Do you, or do you not know where the first aid kit is?” Tord asked, rushed.

“No, why?” Edd asked as he cocked an eyebrow. “Do you know where any medical equipment is?” Tord asked.

“I mean the hospital or the bathroom. Maybe the first aid kit is in Tom’s room,” Edd listed. 

Tord rushed to the bathroom, opening the cabinet door to find only an extremely small amount of bandages, which obviously wouldn’t be enough. Tord then ran to Tom’s room, knocking the door down, not bothering to try the handle.

As soon as the door was down, an extreme stench and something iron and something rusting filled the air. Tord was still walking into the room, covering his nose to find the first aid kit covered in blood but with clean white wraps inside. 

Tord was too busy getting the first aid kit to look around the room. When he got back to his room, Matt was nowhere to be seen, and Tom was found in the corner with tears still running down his face.

Tord slid over, falling onto his knees in front of Tom. “Please take off your hoodie, Tom,” Tord said as calmly as he could. Tom slowly but carefully took off his jacket. 

White blood-stained bandages crawled up and down both of his arms; his arms were extremely thin as if he hadn’t eaten in weeks. Tord quickly replaced the bandages. “Does it hurt anywhere else?” Tord asked.

“It hurts everywhere…” Tom said, holding his head tightly. As Tord looked up at Tom’s face, he noticed a bandage on his neck. It had the most blood on it. 

Tord pulled Tom closer carefully. He undid the bandage to reveal Tom’s neck with the mark of a rope and a huge scab from what looked like a blade across his neck. “What did you do…” Tord said, pulling back before changing the bandages and staring deeply into the scab.