9 - Weekend Plans (pt. 2)

Week 2 (Weekend)

Sunday.

Just as my father said, we left at noon to go pick up my friends, sitting at opposite ends of the limo as we always did whenever we rode somewhere together — his reason was that it was easier to have a conversation that way.

Kokona had told me that Riku would be with her, and Oka said that Shin would be with her, so we only needed to go to two addresses to pick up both couples. Oka and Kokona, surprisingly, did not live too far away from each other.

Once Kokona was inside, she immediately slid to my side and whispered, "Time to tell me everything about your date with Aso yesterday."

I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't a date..."

"But you said he held your hand!" she hissed.

"Well, yeah, but it wasn't a date. We just went to a cafe and watched a movie together."

"What movie?"

"That new rom-com that just came out."

She elbowed me repeatedly in excitement. "That sounds like a date!"

I scoffed, smiling. "Do you really think so?"

"Yes, of course!" The limo stopped at another house, and Kokona tilted her head. "Wait, who else are we picking up? 'Cause Aso and Kizano can't come, so..."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Well..."

The driver, who was clearly just trying to do his job, moved to open the door, but the person approaching waved him off, opting to open the door himself. Osorō, wearing a black mask, hopped into the limo, made eye contact with Kokona, and gestured with his head for her to move, as well as shooing her with a flick of his hand — which she definitely did not hesitate to do.

Osorō sat down next to me and lowered his mask, then glanced at me and smirked. Leaning in close, he tugged on my clothes and whispered into my ear, "Good girl, wearing my jacket without being told."

That single sentence sent my face and heartbeat into overdrive instantly. My plan was to return his jacket today by wearing it over my outfit — a simple white T-shirt and faded ripped blue jeans; oh, and my cute white flats — but by his reaction seeing me wear it, he didn't seem too eager to get it back just yet.

Out of the corner of my eye, I checked him out while he repositioned his mask: a loose white T-shirt ripped at the hem, black ripped jeans, and black Converse shoes. Such a simple outfit, but he made it look better than the Akiyama clothing brand.

My phone chimed with a text, so I slipped it out of my pocket. I wasn't surprised to find Kokona demanding answers from me.

Kokoni-chan: You invited the delinquent leader?? Why?

To Kokoni-chan: I have my reasons. He's not as bad as you think he is.

Kokoni-chan: But still... he's the delinquent leader...

Before I could type another message to her, Osorō snatched my phone and typed for me. When he gave my phone back, I checked what he sent to Kokona.