2) Between the man and the woman

The POVs change a couple times in this chapter, you'll understand why after reading it all :)

Anthony grabbed the two plates he does every Wednesday, one PB&J sandwich on each plate which lay on the tray

Anthony grabbed the two plates he does every Wednesday, one PB&J sandwich on each plate which lay on the tray. Knowing it was Wednesday, everyone in the pack house knew not to disturb the Alpha preparing lunch at around noon. They stayed quiet, minding their own business while he added two glasses of water to the trays.

Carson watched his son from the opening of the entrance, sighing sadly as his son was stuck in the same routine each day. As the Alpha walked away with his mouth shut, Carson went to find his wife. Tomorrow would be a horrible day.

Ignoring the pups laughter as they played around the house, a few fairy children and witches playing along. They didn't stop their playing as the Alpha walked straight past, going to the back of the castle pack house. He walked the trail of cobblestone with the sides edged with pink tulips, taking a deep breath as to calm himself down. The morning rain from before had vanished, a bright sunshine welcoming the day.

He approached the black rusting gate of the family cemetery, balancing the tray with one hand as the other opened the hook. With a creak, the rusted gate opened up. Anthony let it shut behind him as he walked forward, both hands on the tray as he followed another path. A secluded area surrounded by tall bushes gave an access to an opening.

Anthony walked straight through, revealing what was hidden inside. It was like a hideaway area, open grass with a bench and flowers all around. But at one side of the bushes, a tall Angel statue stood on a pedestal. Estella Marie Fiorella was written under, her grave and tombstone hidden away in a private section.

Setting the tray on the grass, the Alpha removed the rain coat tied around his waist. He laid it on the ground, keeping his clothes dry while he sat on top. Seeing the untouched old food from the last lunch he had with her still there, Anthony set the plate aside before putting the new and fresh food in its former place.

Sighing softly, Anthony sat up straight. "I brought PB&J this time, I saw the peanut butter jar earlier and it reminded me of when you smeared it all over you're brand new white dress." Anthony chuckles under his breath, his voice having a bit of rasp in it.

It was like this every Wednesday, he would take an extra tray of food to the memorial and sit with the angel statue for at least an hour. Although her body was not buried underneath, her former white bunny stuffed animal lay in a small child size casket. They were putting her spirit to rest, with or without her body.

One might argue that young Estella may still be alive, but it was unlikely. Where her scent ended had the pheromones of a dead being. Once a wolf dies in one spot, it doesn't take long for the bodies scent to disappear. The only reasonable explanation was that the hunters who took her killed her there, taking her body with and running from the scene.

Barely finishing his lunch, with only a few bites taken, Anthony set it back down. Guilt shown in his eyes, he couldn't lookup at the marble angel that stood before him. "Tomorrow is your 18th birthday, my angel." His voice had softened in grief, looking down at the multiple scars on his wrists he did purposely to punish himself. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, if I had another chance to do it all over again, believe me I would."