𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 - 𝘥𝘪𝘭𝘶𝘤

You pushed past the bushes, the wind whistling through the branches. Glancing up at the trees, you glanced at the orange fruit in the branches above you- sunsettia. With a triumphant ha! You started scaling the tree. You reached for each branch, higher, higher. You grabbed the sunsettia and grinned. Now I can make that sunset berry tea! Oh, Diluc is gonna love it! As you began to daydream, you went to lean on a non-existent surface and found herself tumbling out of the tree. You yelped and you crashed onto the soft grass, groaning with pain as you stood up. Suddenly you froze. You could clearly hear the quiet thumping of a slime bouncing towards you. You scrambled to your feet, drawing your sword. Your purple vision crackled with energy as you slashed across the sticky blob of ice. "Hyah! You stabbed her blade into the last slime, watching it burst and shielding your eyes as icy liquid splashed over your face. "Ewww." You knelt down by the water, intending to rinse off the sticky substance but realising after a moment that you were frozen- encased in ice as you heard the sound of an abyss mage approaching from behind. You broke free, tumbling backwards only to be frozen again. Your eyes widened behind the frost, fear bubbling up inside you. You slammed her eyes closed and struggled weakly, continuously breaking free only to be trapped again. As you shook from the cold you felt your consciousness slipping, but not before you heard an angry voice. Diluc? You shivered. Thank god...

--- ➶ ---

"You're an absolute idiot, [Y/N]." You gasped and flinched awake, waking up and noticing your surroundings. Diluc stared down at you, carrying you up the hill. You blushed slightly but you were too tired and cold to be embarrassed.

"S-s-sorry-"

"No, shush. You've been frozen for at least ten minutes in a lake after being attacked by multiple cryo slimes and an abyss mage. You can be quiet." You sighed and leaned into his chest. "Why didn't you fight back? I saw your sword on the ground and your vision was crackling." You mumbled to him.

"I d-diiiid. The abyss mage s-surprised me when I was washing my arm." You stuttered. He remained silent. You looked around slowly, recognising the trees near the Dawn Winery. You heard gasps and loud whispering as you no doubt passed Moco and Hillie as they gossiped. After shoving the door open with his shoulder, Diluc gently set you down on the couch.

"Just- just rest. I'll get you something to eat." You nodded, smiling weakly.

"Oh, n-no! My sunsettia! Sh-shoot." Diluc raised an eyebrow.

"This one?" He held up the oddly shaped fruit and you breathed a sigh of relief. "I swear, you could've died and you were worried about a fruit?" You shrugged. He shook his head and sighed. "I j-just wanted you to try t-the Sunset B-Berry Tea!" He sighed, putting his head in his palm.
"Alright. I'll be back." He marched off as you sank into the warm blanket he left you with.

--- ➶ ---

"[Y/N]? Are you awake?" Diluc leant closer and murmured into your ear. You yawned and nodded, getting up and blinking. "I made the uh, the tea." He held out the cup and looked away. Is he... blushing? Your own face becomes warm, a welcome change. You take it gratefully, murmuring your thanks. The liquid is sweet on your tongue, cool fluid sliding down your throat.
"That's so good!" He smiled, his rare but beautiful smile. You shuffled up the couch, patting the seat next to you. He sat down and clinked his glass with yours.

"Here's to not being dead." You laughed and replied.

"To not being dead." You leaned on his shoulder. "Thank you. So much." He put his arm around you and pulled you closer.

"It's not a big thing. Please, be careful next time." You nodded, looking into his eyes. His flaming ruby coloured pupils twinkled in the dim light of the winery, the window behind him letting moonlight illuminate his muscular figure. "Alright, [Y/N]. You're going to sleep." You whined and protested but he scooped you up, carrying you to his guest chambers. "Adelinde, can you make sure nobody disturbs her? She had a rough time with a cryo abyss mage." She clapped a hand over her mouth.

"You poor dear! Of course, Master Diluc." He nodded and placed you on the bed, letting you get under the blankets yourself.

"I'll be next door if you need me." You nodded, smiling up at him. He started out the door but turned back. "I love you." He leant down and kissed your forehead, smiling gently before turning off the light and closing the door.

"Goodnight."