𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵-𝘮𝘦-𝘯𝘰𝘵 - 𝘺𝘢𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘰

"Miko!" You saw her eyes light up in recognition. Yae Miko finished her conversation before walking over to you.
"Hey, sweetheart." She put a hand on her hip. "Miss me?" You feel your cheeks heating up.

"W-what?! No, I- wait, we're- gah! Romance is hard..." She laughed, pulling you closer by the waist. You blush harder, letting her kiss you on the nose. Her pink lipstick rubs off onto you and she pressed her forehead against yours. Gazing into her lilac eyes, you smile and whisper to her. "Come home with me tonight, please. The Weinlesefest-" She was already shaking her head.

"Sweetheart, you know I can't leave. Ei still won't leave the Plane of Euthymia. I have to bring her back." You sighed, having already known her answer. "I'm sorry, you know I am."
"Yeah, I know. I'll just- I'll go alone then." Miko stared at you, sadness in her eyes.

"Not that it's my business, but nobody will be leaving Inazuma." You flinch as you hear a voice behind you and spin around to see-

"E-Ei?" Miko was frozen.

"No. I am the Raiden Shogun. While Ei is upholding eternity for her people, I enforce her rules and protect her region." Miko's eyes hardened.

"Of course. [Y/N] and I will be leaving now." The Raiden Shogun frowned.

"You must be aware- Inazuma's borders have closed. Nobody in or out." You stare at her in shock.

"No! I have to go home, The Weinlesefest-" She held up her hand.

"One more thing. That vision-" she pointed to the crackling purple gemstone swinging from your belt. "Next time I see you with it, I'll be taking it." You stare at her in confusion.

"What?! Why?!" The Shogun didn't blink.

"The Vision Hunt Decree. To be put in motion tomorrow. I'm letting you off with a warning, but next time, I want it gone." Miko grabbed my hand.
"Sure. We'll be off now." She pulled you along, clearly angry. You walked in silence back to the foot of the mountain, finally stopping at Chinju Forest as Yae Miko exploded with fury. "She's too stubborn to rule her own region that she creates a puppet?! She didn't even say goodbye to me! We could have worked together on this! How hard is it to ask me to look after things, Ei? Have you forgotten me?" She dropped to her knees as she whispered her last sentence. You look at her sadly, crouching down and holding her hand.

"I know you love her. I think- maybe she didn't want to say goodbye because it meant your friendship would end, and since she's preserving herself in eternity... she wanted to preserve your relationship too." Miko blinked, wiping her watery eyes.

"I- I think you're right. Of course." She smiled at you. "It doesn't fix it but I suppose I can't do much else." She picked up her dress as she got up, hugging you tight. "I'm sorry today wasn't very fun. Can I make it up to you? I'll take you to the shrine tomorrow and we'll make a day of it." You nodded and kissed her forehead.

"I'm so sorry, Miko. Today was hard."

"I know."

--- ➶ ---

"[Y/N]!" Miko called out to you today, rushing towards you as you climbed the stars to the Grand Narukami Shrine. She swept you up into the air and kissed you on the lips. "Hello, gorgeous." She gazed lovingly into your eyes.

"Hey, Foxy." She laughed.

"You are not funny, pretty girl." You let Miko pull you through the shrine, stopping for fortune slips. "Alright, mine says...The clouds hang low in the sky, and they will build up further still. Sooner or later, a thunderstorm will suddenly come crashing down from above. Yet the rainbow awaits at the end of the storm. Stick to tried and tested ways and maintain peace. Act rashly, and you may struggle to succeed. Huh. Your turn, sweetheart." You exchange your bamboo slip and open it excitedly.

"Alrighty...Be careful. You may be about to lose something that you treasure. Remember to rest if you're feeling unwell. Think twice before you make a decision. Uh oh..." Miko grabs it out of your hands.

"Scam. Nothing bad will happen to my baby." You snort, but hug her waist towards you for comfort. You hear footsteps behind you and see a purple haired woman stroll up to you.
"Lady Yae Miko, Lady [Y/N]. I'm here for the vision you failed to destroy." You wince, having forgotten the warning after worrying about your girlfriend all night. Raiden Shogun holds out her hand, gesturing for you to take off the vision.

"Please, don't take it from me." You whisper, remembering the day it appeared in front of you. "I got it when I asked out Miko- when my ambitions were strongest- I can't give it up." Raiden's eyes hardened, her hand moving to her blade. "Please!" She drew her blade and Miko covered her mouth. You blink tears from your eyes, letting out a sigh. With trembling hands you unclip the gem, rubbing a thumb over its smooth surface. Raiden holds out her hand again, more gently this time. You place it in her hand and it stops flickering with light, growing dull as you watch the sparks of lightning go out. A tear slips down your cheek but you're not...sad...? Miko guides you away, holding your hand tight and leading you inside the shrine to her private room. She sits down with you as you hug your knees to your chest.

"I'm sorry, baby." You just stare at the wall in silence, your head pounding.

"I'm going home, I think. My head hurts." She nods and hugs you tight.

"Alright. I'll come get you in the morning. I love you."

"You too." You walked back home in silence, feeling empty. You get back to your accommodations and go to bed, not eating, not thinking. You keep reaching for your elemental powers on the way home to get away from hilichurls, but every time you have to rely on your sword. You sink into your pillows and cry with no emotion behind the tears.

--- ➶ ---

"[Y/N]? Hello?" You heard knocking on your door and you stumbled out of bed, rubbing your eyes. You open the door to a strangely familiar pink haired woman, feeling flutters of excitement in your chest that you can't explain.

"Hello...? Do you need something?" She laughs.

"You're funny, sweetheart." Your eyes widen.

"Excuse me? Do I know you?" You see her eyes flash with hurt. "I'm sorry, my head is foggy."

"Sweetheart, we're dating. You're joking, right?" Your mind flashes with fragments of memories.

"Miko." It was more of a question but she said it as a statement.

"Yes! See! You know me!" She clutches your hands in hers and stares into your eyes.

"I- I don't think I do..." You shiver. The woman- Miko -blinked, clearly holding back tears.

"Well-" She bit her lip. "That's- That's ok, then. I'll make you remember." She grabbed your wrist and pulled you along, despite your protests. She drags you through the city and up to a massive statue, a woman with flowing hair and wings overlooking the land. The wings had a gem of each colour embedded in the stone. Visions. A crackling purple stone appeared in your mind's eye. It looked exactly like... the one they were embedding in the statue as you watched. Miko stood there until the guards moved on, before pulling you again up the stairs and onto the scaffolding. She pressed your hand against the statue, working across the grey until you met the purple crystal. You flinched as the electricity surged up your arm until-

You gasp as a million images flashed through your mind, bringing forth memories you didn't understand.

"Miko!" She gasped and embraced you happily. You took your hand away to hug her and froze. "Oh. My head. I'm going to forget you again, aren't I." Your heart sank.

"What? No. No! No. We'll be fine! We'll-" You slam into her, kissing the words out of her mouth. You lean against the state and kiss until the guards yell out about disrupting construction, then she carries you home and lies in bed with you, murmuring until you inevitably fall asleep and forget it all again.