• Award Winner Interview •

Hello dear readers,

Welcome back to another episode of Zephyr Interviews, it's me sickreader56 back with another interview.

We have bored_mama with us today,welcome to the interview!

Without any more late, let's get into the interview!

May we know a few words about yourself?

I’m just a mother and a housewife. Nothing much interesting.

When did you start writing either on this platform or in the normal way?

I started taking writing seriously in 2020 and Wattpad is the platform where I published.

What is your motivation to write?

Emotions, memories and fragments of one’s life that can’t be told or understood were my motivation behind ‘Black Dwam’.

How did you feel when you got to know that you were the winner?

It’s always exciting and elating to know your work is being recognized and appreciated. And in a way, it fulfils the purpose of writing it. So, it feels satisfying as well.

Did you ever face criticism? If yes how did you overcome it?

Yes, I did. I’d be lying if I say it’s okay but no, everytime it happens it stings. Because like every other writer I put efforts in my work. But whenever it happens I try to be open minded and see if there’s anything in it for me to learn and improve. But if it’s just out of spite, I ignore it.

When did you come across this genre or this fan fiction category

Won in poetry genre.

What was your opinion about our awards and how we hosted them?

I have participated in the previous awards hosted by Teen Fix and every time the experience was pleasant. Not because I won but because of how the contestants were treated fairly and respectfully.

How do you handle writer's block?

I give myself time and doesn’t force myself to vomit out words. Because that is not going to help. I simply write few lines or scenes everyday and listening to music helps as well but not always.

Do you plan on taking writing as a profession? If yes, what are your plans for it?

Yes. And I even self-published ‘Dandelion’ but at that time I wasn’t matured as a writer and didn’t really know how everything works. So, with ‘Daffodil ‘ I’m taking things slowly and learning whatever there’s to it.

What was your response when you first published this book?

I wasn’t thinking anything really. I just wanted a place to put all my poems that were written in spur of the moment. And I didn’t even expect anyone to read or understand them in the first place.

As a writer, what are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

My plots and preplanning. And as a Poet, I can write a complete poem in 15 to 30 mins. (Don’t know if that’s a strength). And in terms of weakness, I
procrastinate a lot.

Is there any advice you would like to give to teenagers out there?

If you are a budding writer and wants to pursue it as a career then make yourself aware with the realities because it is a very tough market to actually earn something from. Writing your story is only 5% of the whole procedure,  while its success depends on how well you do on social media, marketing, publishing houses and many other things. So prepare yourself.

A few words about our community.

My experience with the community has only been through Awards and it has been a pleasant one like I already mentioned. From what I’ve seen the members are dedicated and I wish you all will  grow and excel together.

Would you like to join this community?

Unfortunately, I can’t because of my priorities.

How did you feel about giving us the interview? Any suggestions would you like to give?

It felt great to share my experience. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Thank you so much for giving us your interview! We wish you luck for all your future endeavor and pray and hope you get everything you wish for.

And that's a wrap for today!

We'll meet you soon with another episode soon.

Till then, Adios

Teen Fix