The Pregnancy (Ch - 21)

"Tanjirou-sama please slow down," Douma complained as I rushed out of the store.

"Just walk faster and stop complaining old man," Akaza hissed at Douma who is already walking beside me with his hands in his pocket.

"Where to Tanjirou-sama?" he asked coolly

"Home... Muzan, I'm going home," I softly whispered just enough for him and Douma to hear my words.

"Why-" Douma got cut off by none other than Akaza, smacking the back of Douma's head.

"But it's a beautiful night! And were barely through the shops Tanjirou-sama" he continued complaining despite Akaza's deadly stares.

I can feel it, somehow, I know it for sure. Muzan, why are you suddenly calling for me and in such a hurry?

It sure is a beautiful night. It has always been this kind of night, every time he lets me out but somehow I know something is different.

No, something is happening.

"I- I need to get home, Muzan is-" I whispered without turning around, but then all of a sudden I felt my stomach tighten.

"He's calling for me, so please help me..." I turned around clutching my stomach, meeting Akaza and Douma's eyes.

"But-"

"Let's Go Tanjirou-sama, I'm sorry but there's no time" Akaza swiftly lifted me in bridal style and started sprinting through the streets crowded with people.

"Tanjirou?" Rei, Muzan's wife, sprung out from one of the rooms and met me halfway through the hallway, stopping me in my tracks.

"Muzan? Where is he?" I asked. "Please not now, where is he? I need to go to him," I added as I tried to pass through her. I don't know if she's intentionally doing it, but I have little time to play games with her.

And then all of a sudden, as I caught the scent of Muzan, she embraced me tightly as if trying to crush me.

"What are you-"

"It's too late..." she whispered.

"Even if you go to him now, there's nothing more you can do. He's with Aki right now. In heat and well," letting out a little chortle.

"No, no- you're lying Let go of me." squirming as I tried to slip out of her embrace.

"Let me go!"

"Tanjirou-sama!" and the next thing I heard was her wailing in pain right after the sound of her body crashing to the floor.

"Aki- Aki's room Kokushibo-san..." I desperately whispered, clinging to Kokushibo who's kneeling in front of me.

As soon as I walked in on the door, Rei was right.

"Tanjirou" despite it sounding so tired, how can he make it sound that way, so passionate and everything else.

My hand started moving on its own and carefully cleared up the tears building in my eyes. I rubbed them slightly, trying to clear them as soon as I can so I can look at him once more and the woman beside him.

And it did not fail me. It is Muzan with his bare chest out and his lower completely covered with the same blanket that's covering the woman beside him, Aki, who is sleeping peacefully.

I wanted to say something but somehow my voice failed me and I don't want to start choking on my tears in front of him and so I turned around, reaching out for Kokushibo, asking for his help.

That day it wasn't just the room that I left. I hoped that my mind and heart would finally accept my thoughts and everything else that I have heard.

There's no use in asking him for the truth anymore. Muzan Kibutsuji is the Demon that wants to dominate the world and I am just a tool for his ambition and yet...