Meet the family

"You have a very cosy-looking house, miss Bellmear", Luffy called. The inside of the kitchen was very tidy and small, but it was nothing compared to what he used to work with when he was living in a flat near his gym.

"You look a little exhausted, Luffy. Would you like to take a seat before we decide to talk business" Bellmear offered with a welcoming smile, but luffy could notice a look in her eyes that he couldn't explain why but gave him a feeling that she wasn't going to take no as an answer.

Not wanting to offend the farmer Luffy took a seat right next to a window where he got a nice view of a tangerine grove. It looked so peaceful that Luffy couldn't help but stare at it. Because of the beautiful distraction outside, Luffy didn't notice a blue-haired teenage girl walking in.

The girl gave a slight cough to get the young fighter's attention, aware of who he was, thanks to her mother informing her of their guests or, as Bellmear put it, "the prizes has arrived". Luffy quickly turned around and was greeted by a soft chuckle from the teenager.

"It's a beautiful sight, isn't it" "yeah, it looks so peaceful out there" "the name is Nojiko. I'm one of Bellmears daughters", the blue-haired girl introduced" I'm Luffy; it's a pleasure to meet you".

"I've never seen you before. Are you new here" Nojiko questioned, trying to keep in the smug smile, thinking of how she was going to tease her sister about how she missed the real thing while she was cheering for the one on her computer. "I've only recently moved here, so I was wandering around to find out where I could get the best ingredients in town. and then this fisherman named Genzo told me this the place to go for the freshest eggs in town." Luffy explained.

"Oh, really would you mind telling me where it is you moved to since if it's close, we could deliver it to you for an extra charge, of course," Nojiko lied, hoping she could get at least some information for her beloved sister that she would only give to her if she did some of her chores, After all, nothing In life is free
"I don't mind the delivery but since I go on a run once a day I might as well collect it from here" Luffy responded. In all honesty, he loved his runs. It was always something he could rely on to help him focus or calm down, depending on the situation.

Nojiko, feeling defeated because she failed to get any information out of the fighter, so she decided to try one more time. "are you sure what you would do if you needed something from our farm and you were snowed in if no one knows where you are we won't be able to come to help you." Luffy, after hearing this, was a little shocked but thought it was an honest concern since he hadn't thought of that possibility.

"In that case, just in case something happens, my family and I recently moved into the new house on top of windmill hill. It's probably best if you have my phone number as well so I can contact you if something goes go wrong. Luffy concluded and gave Nojiko his phone number, Something she wasn't expecting but wasn't going to complain about either.

"Normally, you ask a girl out for dinner before getting their number", Nojiko teased, causing Luffy to try his best to defend himself, thinking that he probably looked like a creep after she said that. "It's not like that honesty. I was trying to be careful. I'm sorry if I creeped you out," Luffy stuttered, which to his surprise, caused Nojiko to laugh at the pore boy.

But before they could continue their conversation, Bellmear came into the room. Causing Nojiko to leave laughing while luffy was slightly pale, thinking that Bellmear would throw him out. But before Luffy could say anything, Bellmear asked him if he wanted to buy anything else as well as the eggs, something Luffy turned down. After collecting his items, Luffy realised an issue he had he didn't know his way around the town and didn't like the idea of getting lost, so he decided to take a risk and ask, "I know this can be taken in the wrong way but is there any chance I could by a tour since I don't want to worry anyone at home by getting lost in a new area?"Luffy asked hopefully.

"I think that could be arranged", Bellmear couldn't resist. This was the perfect moment to surprise her daughter, and she would be lying if she said she couldn't wait to see the look on her little girl's face. "Sure, that will be $15 altogether, mister Luffy. Oh, and would you mind if her friend joined you? Bellmear questioned. After all, she wanted to do at least a small test on how he would react.

"If it makes her feel more comfortable walking with a stranger, I wouldn't mind if her friend and sister joined", Luffy replied honestly. He didn't want to scare anyone or make them uncomfortable. Bellmear was happy with the answer and replied "that's ok Luffy my Nami and her friend Robin know enough self-defence classes that even you mister MMA fighter wouldn't even stand a chance" Bellmear joked before disappearing upstairs to collect his Guides.