Chapter 7 The Scythe and The Sister

Apollyon woke up so see Katya sitting there, eyes closed and asleep. He gets up and gently grabs Katya, laying her oh her side and using one of his packs as a pillow for her. Walking over he inspects Durg's body, seeing that a lot if his body was still in good condition. He takes out a carving knife and starts slicing the skin off of his leg bone, parting the meat so he can pull out his Femur. Walking over to his chest he rips into his chest cavity and rips out one of his ribs bone. With a sharpening stone he slowly starts to sharpen the curved rib bone. In one of the pouched on his belt he grabs a vial of tree sap, using the fires to heat it up before he glues the rib bone to the femur. Swinging it around he is impressed with himself at how well crafted this new scythe was.
"Apollyon?" Katya says in a sleepy voice as she pushes herself up.
"Good morning love, I have a present for you" he says kneeling down in front of her and holding out the scythe for her. Katya looks at the weapon then back up at Apollyon with a weird look.
"Are these his bones?" She asked disgust in her voice.
"Yeah" Apollyon says as if it were completely normal.
"Thanks.." Katya says apprehensively as she takes the scythe from his hands. Reaching into her own pouch she grabs some wraps and uses them around the bones of the weapon, at least now she wouldn't be directly touching his bones. She stands up and starts swinging it around, she was amazed with how light it was and how quickly she could spin and strike with it. Apollyon walked over to Durgs and rips the horns from his head, Katya flinching when she hears the bones cracking.
"A little present for me too" he says happily, he was going to fashion them onto his helmet when they get back to base.
"You ready to go?" He says turning around to see Katya dancing around with her new weapon. She nods her head and he grabs her, his wings jutting through his back as they fly out of the cave.

"Let's go this way" Apollyon said nodding in a different direction then from where they came from. Katya shot him a confused look but followed him.
"So you remember when you were asking about my sister?" He says nervously, this was never a topic he wanted to bring up before but decided it was probably time she knew the story. Not wanting to be too pushy Katya nods but doesn't speak, the last thing she thinks he wants is to be bombarded with a hundred questions.
"I used to come from a very well off family until my father got into a heavy debt with this demon. My sister was engaged to the prince of demons and when the demon, my master, came to collect his debt my father couldn't pay so he relinquished his title. I thought that meant our whole family was nothing anymore so the demon came to me and said if I signed up to be his apprentice he would take care of us. Of course I signed to try and keep my sister safe but what i didn't know is that after my father relinquished his title that it went to me and when i signed that paper my master had stolen it from me" Apollyon said, his face growing angrier by the second.
"Things were good for a while, my sister had the freedom to do as she wished while i was his slave, he experimented on me and made me do things I did not want to. See in the demon world hierarchy and status were of the utmost importance and because we lost our title the prince was forced to break off the engagement for someone of higher standing" he sighs.
"Unbeknownst to all of us my sister was still secretly seeing the prince and when my master found out he was enraged, he tried forcing my sister to marry him instead and when she denied him he grew upset and demanded I kill her. My own sister.... Of course I said no so he tried to kill her himself. I.. I fought him off so she could run and he exiled me from the volcanos. If i go back it will be death on sight.... I don't know where my sister is, I just hope she is safe" Apollyon stops walking and looks away from Katya as tears threatened to spill from his eyes but he refused to cry. Katya looked up at him with sympathy on her face, "I am so sorry that has happened to you two" she says putting her hand gently on his arm. Apollyon shook it off and kept walking, "It's fine, we both escaped. I just hope she didn't run into some annoying Nymph who pesters her daily" he says smirking at Katya but those eyes of his betrayed him. She could see the real pain behind his fake smile. Katya furrowed her eyebrows and slapped his arm playfully, "you are so rude!" She says and walks off ahead of him.