Chapter 22 Orcs

Apollyon woke up on a sunny morning and went outside to start his day. As soon as he stepped outside he was welcomed by three orcs standing in the yard looking around the place. He grabbed his sword and took a defensive position on the porch, "What do you want?" He called out to them.
"There he is!" One of them grunted as he charged at Apollyon. Using his sword he reflected the fist away but the second orc grabbed Apollyon and threw him away from the cabin. Katya stormed outside with her scythe in hand upon hearing the intruders. Two orcs walked towards Apollyon as Katya took on the last one. They used their bare fists and get throwing punches left and right, they tried to dodge them but their brute strength won. An orc sat on Apollyon holding him down, "grab it" he commanded to the other orc. All Katya could do was keep dodging the orcs punches but they came faster and faster each time. After a few punches the orc's fisted finally connect with Katya's face sending her to the ground as the orc gets on top of her and holds her down. An irc walked over to Apollyon with a vial in hand and an evil smile as he uncorked it, pouring the contents on him, "got this little thing from a demon hunter".
Apollyon screamed in pain as the liquid burned him. The two orcs left Apollyon on the ground writhing in pain, knowing he wasn't going to get up anytime soon. The two orcs walked over to Katya and looked down at her as she laid there eyes wide in terror.
"This one looks like Navi's kind" one of the orcs say studying her.
"Navi?" Katya asked in shock. Navi walked out of the house and froze seeing the three orcs standing over Katya,
"Uncle?" Navi asked in shock. One of the orcs stopped and turned to Navi, "there you are! We have been looking for you.. and the demon who murdered Gargamel" he said opening his arms to receive Navi who was running towards him.
"I know, papa is dead" Navi said trying to hold the tears back. The orc who was holding Katya stood up and walked over to Apollyon, "And this is the bastard who killed him!" He said grabbing Apollyon's shirt and punching him in the face.
"No!" Navi yelled running towards him and pulling him off of Apollyon.
"It wasn't him! It was the great evil!" Navi explained. Her uncle rolled his eyes and said, "not this make belief again"
"It's true! These are the people who are going to fight it and win! The evil man in the volcano!" The three orcs looked at each other then at Navi, "it's.. it's real?" Her uncle asked.
"Yes! This is my destiny! To save them from death and help them defeat the evil!" Navi said excitedly, she had told them from a young age that this was her destiny but they all laughed at her, called her childish and that it was just pretend.
"Look Navi, you are eighteen years old. You can't possibly know what the future holds for you. Come home with us, live like a regular teenage girl" her uncle said, gently grabbing her shoulder and trying to turn her to leave.
"No! This is where I am supposed to be!" Navi said stubbornly. Her uncle sighed and let go, "Fine but you know where to find us if you need us, sorry about your friend by the way" her uncle said as he motioned to the other orcs to move out.
"Apollyon!" Katya ran to his side, Apollyon was still squirming on the ground in agony.
"Help me Navi!" She said as Navi ran over. The two girls got Apollyon's arms around their shoulders and helped move him into Katya's garden. Katya swiped everything off her desk and helped Apollyon lay on it.
"Go get me water and clothes!" Katya commanded, running around her garden picking a variety of plants as she went. Using a knife she cut open Apollyon's shirt and exposed his chest, there were red splotches all over it. Navi came back with the requested items and stood back watching, she had no experience healing so she wasn't sure what to do. Grabbing the clothe Katya dipped it in the water and started dabbing the area, trying to get whatever that liquid was off of him but it only made Apollyon scream more. 'This looks like a burn' she thought as she put some plants into her mortal and pestle and grounded them into a fine paste. Using her hands she scooped up the goo and spread it evenly on his chest. The pain on Apollyon's face never left, it wasn't working. Apollyon grabbed her hand to get her attention, sweat beading down his face. "Poison" he mumbled right before going unconscious. 'Poison? But that doesn't have this effect' she thinks but she needs to do something fast. Grabbing the ingredients needed to fight a very powerful poison she grinds them up and then open's Apollyon's mouth. The good slides down his throat and Katya massaged his throat to help him swallow it. She kneels beside the table holding his hand, placing her forehead on it. 'Please work, please don't die' she prays, waiting for any sign. Apollyon's hand tightened around hers, she looks up and is met with his eyes open and a cocky smile on his face.
"Were you worried?" He asks.
"I thought you were going to die! Again!" Katya says angrily as she stands up and walks away from the table. Navi smiles and sneaks out of the garden, happy to see Apollyon was awake. Apollyon sits up and grunts, his chest still hurt but the herbs were doing their job.
"Don't get up to quickly!" Katya worried, rushing to his side.
"I'm fine, I just need to rest a bit" Apollyon said putting his hand over the burn marks.
"Exactly!" Katya says not understanding why he was trying to get up.
"My nice comfy bed would be a lot nicer then this hard table" Apollyon says getting off the table but as soon as he tried to stand one of his legs gave way and he fell. Katya caught him before he could hit the ground and move one of his arms over her shoulder, "take it easy! I will help you" she says, helping him walk back to his room. She got Apollyon into bed and grabbed a blanket to put over him. She was about to leave when Apollyon grabbed her hand to stop her. She turned around and looked at him, "do you need water? Food?" She asked.
"I need you" Apollyon said, pulling her arm so she fell into bed, he rolled her and himself so he was laying on top of her.
"Apollyon!" Katy said in shock, her face warming up as she looked up at him on top of her.
"Don't leave, stay with me" he said kissing her. Butterflies flew through her stomach as her heart beat fast in her chest.
"You need sleep" she said nervously.
"Then help me sleep" Apollyon said rolling onto his side so he was facing her. Grabbing the blanket he threw it overtop Katya as well. He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. Katya's face was flushed as she wrapped her arms around Apollyon and started playing with his hair, "fine, then sleep" she said softly.