Chapter 1: New discoveries

It was usual for it to snow so suddenly in the wild area in Galar. In fact, it was so typical that Pokemon didn't even think twice when their Silent Night with no sign of a cloud in the sky turned into a snowfield. Pokemon in the wild area were relaxed throughout the sudden change like they didn't even bother to move or hide.

From a far-out Corner, a little Skwovet was running around from tree to tree, trying to find the best berries to eat. It didn't have to look far, for there are many Berry trees in the area, but it looked for only the best and its favorite, Kee Barry. As Skwovet searched, a sharp light got its attention. Confused, the tiny Pokemon went to investigate only to find itself in front of a large cave entrance.

The shining light seemed to be coming from deep in the cave. The tiny Pokemon hesitated as the light got brighter until it disappeared. The Pokemon rubbed its eyes before it heard something from its side. It sounded like something falling like rocks or something more significant. The little confused Pokemon slowly approached the cave entrance. It sniffed around for a moment before slowly walking deeper.

Skwovet continued to sniff around the cave the deeper it went in. It didn't hear anything from the ordinary, just a smell of an abandoned shelter. The tiny Pokemon continued until something hit it... it was a strong feeling... A feeling that the young Pokemon had never felt before. The Skwovet paused as it stared deeper into the cave, trying to see if it was safe. It was about to continue again when the feeling intensified, and four glowing yellow eyes appeared from the darkness. The Pokemon squeaked as the bright yellow eyes got Closer with the sound of an aggressive growl following the feeling of intense pressure in Malice became stronger and stronger the closer they got. Before anything else could happen, as the eyes got closer, a loud roar came from the back of the cave, followed by fire in the small Pokemon's Direction.

The tiny Pokemon yelped as it ran to get out of the cave as the fire got closer and closer. But just as the fire was about to make contact with the small Pokemon, it made it to the entrance and ran to the side. Avoiding being hit just in time. The Pokemon looked back into the cave after it was silent for a couple of minutes and wondered what had just happened. It turned around, about to run away but racing away as another Roar came from the cave much closer and louder than before. Not bothering looking back, Skwovet didn't notice the multiple eyes looking at it from the cave entrance.

Leon was in the middle of a meeting with chairman Rose and the rest of the gym leaders, talking about the upcoming Pokemon League in a couple of months. They have already discussed what path the trainers will take and what events will be held in each town or city as they wait for trainers to get to their respective locations.

" all right, so we all agree that Gordie and Alistair will be the gym leaders when trainers get to their designated gym location," chairman Rose spoke as he looked over the paperwork. Nods of agreement were passed around the table, ensuring that they all agreed with the lineup. " and can I confirm that there will be no issue with your Bonds in case of an event of battling each other?" he said as he raised his head to look at those 4 soulmates in the room. Said soulmates nodded their heads in agreement with annoyed looks on their faces.

For a long time now, soulmates have existed. Almost all in a similar way with the other person's name somewhere on their body, with the color of their hair being the color of the text. Sometimes soulmates we're not meant to be romantic. They could also be spiritual or parental in some cases, but most cases were always romantic. The rarest thing to have in the soulmate Community would be not to have a soulmate at all or to have more than one or two soulmates. Leon is constantly made fun of for having six marks on his body as a boy. He, of course, was not the only one. His other soulmates were also made fun of for the very same reason. And they found each other for that rarity before Leon became champion.